Help...Quick easy question (Airbox hose)

rpm9001

Donating Member
Registered
I just took my air box off to install my airshifter and when re installing the airbox and the hoses I have a spot that looks like a hose goes to, but cant find a hose. The spot I'm takling about is inbetween the 2 intake ports that connects the airbox into the frame, The spot that looks like a hose goes on is on the bottom front of the airbox directly in between the 2 intake spots. It is almost directly under the the bolt in the front you take out to lift the front of the airbox to take it out.
The spot in question is not pluged and I cant find a lose hose. it looks like the hose should be the size of the rear vent hose and the pair valve hose.
Any one know if this has a hose to it? or should it be capped? open?

Any help would be great. I could not find anything in the manual..

Going crazy!!
Thanks
Geo

anyone? I want to put it back together... Thanks
The one I need to find out about is the one in the middle at the top inbetween the air intakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure, but I'll
bump.gif
the thread for ya!

Are you talking about the smaller diameter hose that goes into the intake air control valve actuator ( the round metal thing on the bottom of the airbox with a small metal tit sticking out horizontally? That is the only hose connection in front of the throttle body holes. There are 2 more hoses behind the throttle bodies: the pair hose and the crankcase breather hose (larger ones). Those should be the only 3 hoses total.

I'm a pimp, I know my hose!
tounge.gif

You sound like you found a different hole....if you have the 3 hoses accounted for....I don't know of any other holes you should have. Leave it and try it out.

That's the air cleaner box drain, you're just missing the plug.
smile.gif
Looks like you've got a '99 - '03 Busa, its item #11 in the microfiche.
-Ed

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks,
I thought it was funny to have 2 drains, the other one is pluged (cut off in picture.)

Back