Help please

purplebusa

Registered
I have a 03, my husband heard this clicking sound coming from the rear wheel while riding next to me in stop and go traffic. Dealer said I need new bearings, I have 3500 miles. The service manager was quick to add since my wheels were chromed, the chromer may have gotten chrome where the bearings are. So I may need a new rim on top of the bearings. Also, anyone how long it takes to replace bearings? I was quoted 4 hours of labor. Barbara

Hi Barbara.

Sorry i can be much help to/ya. On this matter.

Am sure one of the boys that can will be along soon. Just hang in there.

Just like to welcome you to the board.......... & give you,re post a free
bump.gif
Back to the top. So the boys& gals can see it..

Dave..................
smile.gif

Bearings. Ok replace them. But I dont now about replacing the rims. If chrome is where it should not be, I think it could be remove. I could probably change bearings in 4 hours. I would expexct a dealer to be a little more efficent than me.
Good luck. Hope the pros see your post.

I cant tell ya... I DON'T THINK YOU,L NEED A NEW RIM.. That to me just sound like B/S.... Hes telling ya.. As for fiting bearings........... Well 4hours sounds alittle over the top............

4 hours to replace wheel bearings at a dealer seems more than a little much, and I don't why you would need a new wheel. You may want to cosider taking it somewhere else.

Barbara, welcome. Sorry that your first post is like this. Where in Va are you? What dealership quoted you this? There are several members up in Va that could help you. My recommendtion is that you contact a smaller bike shop, and ask them the same question. My suspision is that they will at least give you better info and a different estimation than 4 hours. Anyway, keep us posted and when you can, we like pics? Also, what does your husband ride?

Thanks so much guys,
I live in Dumfries, the shop is Powersports in Woodbridge. I will get my bike and take it elsewhere. Hopefully I can get a recommendation on where to take it.
And my husband rides a 05 red and black busa. Pic of mine will be posted as soon as possible, just had a paint job done.
Barbara

Thanks so much guys,
I live in Dumfries, the shop is Powersports in Woodbridge. I will get my bike and take it elsewhere. Hopefully I can get a recommendation on where to take it.
And my husband rides a 05 red and black busa. Pic of mine will be posted as soon as possible, just had a paint job done.
Barbara
Barbara,
I haven't lived in the area for about 10 years, but when I did there was a small bike shop in stafford that specialized in Sportbikes. Don't know if they are still there. I bought a truck and sold two bikes in Woodbridge, but never had any maintenance done there, took my ZX-11 and my wife's Gixxer -6 to the place in Stafford.

You do anything on Quantico by any chance?

Update,
by the time I called them they already had the rear wheel off. The service manager did not know what he was talking about, the mechanic found only the chain needed to be tightened. 45 bucks and I was off the hook. Needless to say I will find another dealership. Thanks for the input. Barbara

just about any basic re/re like that can be done by a decent back yarder.

Never hesitate to ask us for a walk thru, or help finding a walkthru.

And bearings are a Rubbah speciality.

Thanks,
The service manager called and wants me to bring the bike back, said the mechanic just looked at the bearings but did not take take them off to inspect them. Sounds like crap to me. Time to find another shop.

Back