Help Please. Valve Train Noise :video

SSGT_B

Registered
07 with 47k miles. Have been noticing a vibration type noise and it is getting louder now. It is coming from the clutch side of the bike in the head. It starts about 1500 rpm. I pulled most of He bike apart in hopes that it was something outside but is inside. Is this valves, or loose chain?? I hope this video works. Please advise

Also found this oil leak in the front of the motor, shifter side, with a slight leak. What is this line?

13419111_10208955860724222_2809846807339193385_n.jpg

Last edited:
That line is the cylinder head oil feed line...have you had the valves adjusted, i'm asking because you have 47k mile on the engine? but in any case you need to replace that line ASAP.

I don't know if the po had that done. Since its apart now I'm going to check them. Anything else I might look for while I'm in there? Any known issues to address at that time?

Thank you.

Last edited:
All valves in spec. The chain does not appear to be loose. Is this a noise I need to be concerned about or should I just wrap it back up and call it normal?

Only a few options. Interference between valves and pistons. Spring keepers/retainers and or springs. Valves could still check out ok with weak springs. But under force it would chatter.

Last edited:
Back