Help on homeowners insurance

gurrera

Registered
Well Liberty Mutual will not renew my policy next year here in Fl.:banghead:
They want to reduce there overall exposure level related to catastrophic loss.
I have until 3/27/2013 to fine some one else.
Does any one here in Fl have good a insurance companie that I can call?

Thanks
Gurrera:please:

I don't live in Florida but as your neighbor in Alabama on the gulf coast I feel your pain. Our home owners company (Alfa) dropped us several years ago. I got out the phone book and started making calls. What I learned is most insurance companies use the same underwriters so the prices were pretty much the same. We ended up with state farm after 2 years of hoping around. When we bought our home we paid just over 700 a year, now it's over 3k. This in a period of 12 yrs. I expect it to go up again. :banghead:
Good luck.

I'm with State Farm (house, truck, bikes) too. I'm not in Florida, but we have our own problems here in tornado/ice storm alley. I had to make 2 claims in 2 years (1 from ice storm damage, 1 for a lighting induced AC unit melt down), and they've came through without fail. My rates have even stayed pretty level. Might give them a call.

if you were ever military, call USAA. They have competitive rates and provide good service. Not sure about being in FL but would assume that two things are in play for rates in your area: 1- are you in a flood plane and 2- has there been significant claims in your area from storms. Of course all the other garbage goes into rates (claims, credit, how much and what you insure, etc) but I've always found USAA to very competitive. Tough down there though, I know some friends in the central area going through similar and finding it hard to get anything.

State Farm is no longer writing HO insurance policies in the state of Florida as many others have . I have MetLife as my mortgage lender and also for HO insurance.

For years insurance Co's have been raking it in, Katrina and her devastating losses changed that and they weren't happy. Now we are all (if you have) paying through the nose for insurance.

All state no longer writes policies in my area in Florida but they bond (bind?) with another company... Rates are okay. USAA was the best that I had, but I don't know if they are still writing policies.

Try GeoVera specialty insurance company. I used them when I was dropped before going to state farm. I looked them up online and they have brokers in Florida. I may give them a call myself to see if they will beat SF.

Back