Help needed!

scrappy

Registered
So last night i was cleaning up both halves of my engine cases. 1st i cleaned the top half, then as soon as i started cleaning the bottom half i noticed these two little guys on the ground... any one ever see these on a busa motor anywhere? I am not sure if they came from the bike.. so im going to start looking through micro-fiches... If these did come from the busa motor, how many am i supposed to have? I just looked through babbittsonlines micro-fiche and didnt see these.

DSC01224.JPG

DSC01226.JPG

Last edited:
Scrappy, yer gonna hate me for this but I'll give you what I know (which will obviously show you I have no 'hands on' experience!!) but...

I need to back cut my second gear so I was talking to a buddy about tearing down the motor. He said it was a piece of cake only watch out for a couple of pins that are part of holding a set of bearings? in place? You might PM bluehaya as I'm sure he's had his motor down...

Not much help but I'm tryin'...:whistle:

Thanks Jay, their are a few sets of pins to watch for i suppose.. but i haven't seen these guys before.

educated guess would be something to do with gear selector drum / or selector forks / or bearing dowls :whistle:
good luck

You know how you always end up with extra parts

I dont think those are ones you can do without.

You know how you always end up with extra parts

I dont think those are ones you can do without.

Agreed, i don't do with out anything.. i have a lead on this, delbert might have got the right idea... i was looking through a micro-fiche and think i saw where they go... but i can only see a place for 1...

i am pretty sure that those are the pins that go with the gear position switch. i am pretty sure there are springs that go with those.

Like the above stated...they look like the contact points that mate with the shift drum...for some reason I recall that you access them behind the clucth basket...under the gear position sensor with a spring leaving the round part facing out.

cool, im missing a spring... found the location where these guys go.. on the gear selector shaft.
Anyways i went down to my local suzuki dealership, and of course they keep no parts on hand... or much else for that matter... i really hate this sate and all the "cycle" shops here. guess ill need to order more parts online...

Anyways i went down to my local suzuki dealership, and of course they keep no parts on hand...
A common problem. The stealerships around my area won't even order a part unless you've paid for it in advance.
And, get this, if you call them to book a major service and tell them which parts they'll need to order for you (new hoses/filters/whatever) they won't order them beforehand. No, they'll just keep your bike for 4 or 5 days while they're waiting for Suzuki to deliver! Then they'll try to charge you $90/hr for labour, even though you know that the guy who did all of your work is an apprentice, who is making $7.50/hr!

cool, im missing a spring... found the location where these guys go.. on the gear selector shaft.
Anyways i went down to my local suzuki dealership, and of course they keep no parts on hand... or much else for that matter... i really hate this sate and all the "cycle" shops here. guess ill need to order more parts online...

Yeah, my "Suzuki" shop in Toledo, "won't mention name", is the same way. I've had to order all 20 something simple parts to go on my bike. I think we should ALL open a stealership.!! :laugh:

Ya i hate going there. It's always my last spot i hit if i have been searching around PHOENIX and can't find part or a bke specific tool.. like i did all day today.. The friggin mom and pop Honda dealership carry more tools / cleaners / etc then the largest suzuki dealerships down here...I so hate the way business is being done now... and yes i too have to pay in advance for something before they will order. I refuse to let anyone who works their to even touch the seat let alone something important on the bike.

my stealership will order the parts and I pay when they come in. Still sux to wait 4-5 days for something. As long as they are smaller parts. I did have to pay for the shift forks prior to.

I just send in a parts request on their website and they call me to let me know they have the order. I can make sure the correct part number is ordered that way...and if it isnt..its my fault, not theirs.

You can put everything together short of the clutch basket and still assemble it. If you are in a bind, I might still have a spare I can ship you and you can replace them when yours comes in.

You can put everything together short of the clutch basket and still assemble it. If you are in a bind, I might still have a spare I can ship you and you can replace them when yours comes in.

That's ok prof, ill just wait till it comes in. My fault for not taking them out in the first place before I started cleanin the case. Suzuki here wants $1.87 (USD) for the spring and they told me if it was in stock in california then it would be here Wednesday. On the bright side, I did talk to their service people and they do vavle shim trades.. so when I replace all my shims in a couple days I can do trades for theirs.. hopefully they have the sizes ill need and they aren't damaged.. who knows
Posted via Mobile Device

Back