Help My bike won't stay running.

busa46

Registered
I have a 1999 busa and it has a yoshi trioval 4-1 pipe and k@n air filter and power commander and I have done the pair valve mod. I have had problems with the kikstand but I eliminated the switch and that solved that. I recently had the bike quit on me while I was rideing and it hesitates a little and then kills the power completely and wont start again until the bike is cooled down. The bike runs great until it warms up and then it has the problem again. I have been working on it a lot and I swiched the Ecu with my brothers bike and it still has the problem. If you have any Ideas it would help me know what to do next. Thanks.
sad.gif

left_small.jpg

(busa46 @ May 14 2007,20:59) I have a 1999 busa and it has a yoshi trioval 4-1 pipe and k@n air filter and power commander and I have done the pair valve mod. I have had problems with the kikstand but I eliminated the switch and that solved that. I recently had the bike quit on me while I was rideing and it hesitates a little and then kills the power completely and wont start again until the bike is cooled down. The bike runs great until it warms up and then it has the problem again. I have been working on it a lot and I swiched the Ecu with my brothers bike and it still has the problem.  If you have any Ideas it would help me know what to do next.    Thanks.
sad.gif
I M Johnny Cheese

did you take your power commander off to see if thats the problem? I've heard of them going bad

is this a turbo... sounds like vapor lock. External fuel pump? I was trying to use a big SX fuel pump and couldn't get it to not vapor lock on the ride. You would then have to let it cool down to start back up again... same symptoms.

+1 on the vapor lock...next time it won't start, take the bolts out of the front of the tank and lift the tank as straight up as it will go, hold it there for a few seconds, let it back down and see if it will start then...if it does, more than likely it is vapor locking on you...contact Boazalmighty as his was doing the same thing...i'm not sure what kind of, if any, solution he has found for it

hope this helps
beerchug.gif

Back