HELP!!!! Michelin Pilot Power

bigjohn141

Donating Member
Registered
I was looking around for a set of Michelin Pilot Powers, and i keep coming across the same thing. It seems that the '04 R1 has the same size tires as the busa. They have a different listing for the R1 and the tires are higher $. Why is that? Is it possible they are a better tire, or are they just putting it to the R1 owners.

Not sure but a tire size is a tire size. If the #'s are the same then there you go. I have them and love them.

As I herd one guy say after he totalled his bike at the track, "They worked great until the gave up"!

I wouldn't trust anything made in France!

As I herd one guy say after he totalled his bike at the track, "They worked great until the gave up"!

You and Diesel argued about this a few months ago and I remember him telling you they were made in Spain, I just checked mine and they have "Made in Spain" on them. Is there something I don't know about or is this more of that Diesel/Tufbusa antagonism?

Kev

The R1 has specific pilot power tires for it like the busa has the BT 56s.  IE you can run BT 12s on the busa, but the BT 56 was designed specifically for the Busa.

Just get the regular ones, they work great.

Yeah the R1 owners are prolly getting hosed by the deal.

Dont know where you are buying your powers from, but these folks are competitive.

http://www.parts411.com/acb....ID=4514

<!--EDIT|BusaFever
Reason for Edit: "added link"|1110946413 -->

So a guy wrecked, and its the tire's fault?
rock.gif

I thought the same thing about the sportec M1s when I went down, they only slipped once. Yes, it totally my busa, was it the tires fault? Not really.

I don't know why you are on the anti-France, anti-Michelin campaign? But putting your same 2 cents in on every michelin pilot power thread about france is not justification for not buying a good product.

Think you are letting your personal opinion/preference influence you decision a bit rather than rationalizing/comparing tires?

I have never found a better street tire than the Powers. I have ridden just about all of em. I have owned and worn several brands/models completely out. That tire is outstanding!

I had this problem last year with the new liter-bikes. I ABSOLUTELY do not care for kawasaki. The ZX-10R was killing the competition in several categories, but I didnt knock it like you knock the Powers.

No offense intended bro, Just asking whats up? and Why try to persuade others away from a GREAT product?

Respectfully,

-Bill

After reading this again...

Why is this "one guy" running a street tire at the track? Pushing a street tire on a track is definately not a wise decision, as he learned I assume.

I'm not a great judge when it comes to Motorcycle Tires....

But on all the cars that I have owned, I have always fit them with Michelin...and they have worked really well for me!
biggrin.gif

I wouldn't trust anything made in France! [/QUOTE]

I would say the same about Germany
laugh.gif
!!! Hate them German cars. All the new generation Mercedes are a pile of garbage. I hate em... I own one, but I still hate em
guns.gif
GERMAN CARS

Gimme a Japanese / American / Italian car any day. Sorry to diviate from the topic... but I have launched a personal crusade against German Cars
biggrin.gif

You and Diesel argued about this a few months ago and I remember him telling you they were made in Spain, I just checked mine and they have "Made in Spain" on them. Is there something I don't know about or is this more of that Diesel/Tufbusa antagonism?

Kev
Yep, you are right! The plant that made your Michelin Pilots is located in Spain. However, Michelin is owned and operated by the French and based in Paris. Just about a French as one can get. Michelin is a huge tire manufacturer and has tire plants on most ever continent on earth. They even have a plant in our neighboring Canada.

The French also own "Motel 6" here in the U.S. just in case you have a choice when buying a room? There was a time when I bought Michelin tires for all our big trucks and earth movers, great tires. We have one wheel loader with Michelins left on it and when those are worn out, there will be no more michelin tires on anything we own. I personally don't buy anything from France. But then I am a loyal american!

So not buying French made products makes one a loyal American?
Take a history course and learn a little something about the world around you? You'll understand!
tounge.gif

Just harrasing you a little. But as most everyone knows, the French are not your alies nor your friends. Everyone has the freedom to buy whatever they want and I encourage them to do so. However, the more you know, the better equipped you are to make decisions!

So not buying French made products makes one a loyal American?
Take a history course and learn a little something about the world around you? You'll understand!  
tounge.gif

Just harrasing you a little. But as most everyone knows, the French are not your alies nor your friends. Everyone has the freedom to buy whatever they want and I encourage them to do so. However, the more you know, the better equipped you are to make decisions!
I understand what your up to man. I agree they are not our allie, they have left us hanging a few times. Its all good bro.
smile.gif

But still, its a kick a$$ tire...
ices_rofl.gif

I work at a tire store and every once in a blue moon I have people give me the "it's made in France" speech. I just laugh and let them buy the Goodyears (which are the absolute worst name brand tires on the road).

I'm happy to buy Michelin products and even though I'd "rather" buy a made in US product I'm not upset about France's decision on the war. I only wish our umm...."leader" would follow suit. <<rant off>>

Back