help me with my seat dilemna

hemi

Registered
i have been dying to get a new seat for my 08 busa. The stocker really isn't that bad for me, just on long rides it starts to hurt the arse a little. I wanted to get tobin's, but don't want the down time of waiting a few weeks to get the seats back, plus they drop u more into the bike. I did the buell footpeg mod and they feel great, but if i go with the tobin i think my legs would be cramped again. I was thinkin about the suzuki gel seat but can't decide. Had one on my 750 and it was pretty comfortable. I'm about 6'2" and 170lbs and would like to get the most comfort out of the busa. Just can't decide if i should just order the gel seat or wait until the right timing and sent my seats in for tobin's. Opinions please!!

I heard the gel seats are not much better than stock, but i have never sat on one. I got a steal on a front and back tobin on ebay and I love them. then i sold my stock seats. you could buy the stock seats and send those to tobin. then when u get your seats back from tobin you can sell the ones you currently have. so no down time. good luck

wanted to do that, i keep lookin on ebay to see if i can find a set of tobin's to match my bike, or even a cheap set of stockers but i have had no luck so far

yea you will have to pay good money for some stock seats. but you will easily be able 2 sell them for probably the same price once tobin finishes his work for you. and then no down time or extra money spent in the long run

You could also try shopping for a Motorcycle Salvage lot near your area,

I know of one in Spartanburg SC that would have sold me a used 08 Busa front seat for 80 bucks if I came down and got it.

I heard the gel seats are not much better than stock, but i have never sat on one. I got a steal on a front and back tobin on ebay and I love them. then i sold my stock seats. you could buy the stock seats and send those to tobin. then when u get your seats back from tobin you can sell the ones you currently have. so no down time. good luck

This is what I did as well, Actually ended up selling my stock one for more than I bought the one on Ebay for.

At first the Suzuki gel seat was hard... after time it becomes softer. I like mine a lot compared to the stocker.

The Suzuki Gell seat is a bit stiff to start but after a little seat time it rides nice. Maybe 500 miles or so breakin for me.

I think this is for me :rofl:

bigButts.jpg

Back