Help me i can't stop

ex-skydiver

Registered
I took my 'Busa to an out of town dealer on a trailer so the engine would be cold when I got it there.  After setting the valves, adjusting the throttle bodies and running it on the dyno(156 corrected rwhp...M-4 exhaust, PClll and airbox & pair mods, short stacks) we drove it around the parking lot...everything was fine.  When I was taking it off the trailer the brake lever came right back to the bar.  I pumped it up 'til it was firm then drove into the garage.  Big mistake!  I nearly wiped out my tool box and the rear wall of the garage.  There were no front brakes at all.
Every time I pump the lever until it gets firm, the brakes hold. As soon as I roll it forward or back, even just a few feet, no brakes.  What is going on here?  Needless to say I am sidelined until I can fix this.  Any ideas?

I checked and everything was tight and there were no leaks.  I didn't see anything that looked unusual.  I looked into the reservoir and there was enough fluid.  I am still scratching my head.
John

better bleed them.... did they use the front end caliper mounts to strap the bike down? check your lines and make sure they didnt do anything to your calipers but i'll bet for what ever reason you need to bleed them...

Yeah, if everything is secure then there is probably some air in the lines.

When I trailered it I used the handlebar buddies that put a lot of pressure on the forks but didn't strap them near the calipers. I'll try to bleed some air out and keep my fingers crossed(not at the same time).
John

I would check your front brake rotors, check to see if they got bent when you put it on the trailer. Some thing is pushing the brake caliper piston back in. Just my .02

That may well be it...On the way over I thought the bike was leaning over too far to the left.  I'll check that out.
John

i have had that problem, there is 99% chance you have air in the calipers, now there are two bleed screws thats where i went wrong the second time

Yes, the rotors were bent.  As soon as I replaced them, problem solved.  Now with some bleeding... I should be back on the road.  Thanks for the help folks.
John

Back