help locating a throttle lock thread on here.. cant find it!

woodrrow

Registered
When I first came to this site I remember seeing a write up on how to mod the bar end with O ring/washers or something to make a DIY throttle lock.. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Don't you have $15 or so to have a decent throttle lock like NEP or similar? I think it's more practical than the cheapo O-ring. I've been using one for years.

:rofl:

A good one! We should write to Obama and tell him to pay for our group buy of NEP throttle locks in his next "stimulus" bill. :rofl:

Now I remembered Pelosi said everyone can quit their jobs and pursue their dreams - the government will pay for it. I wanna be a motorcycle writer. I mean ride all day and then write a little story how it felt. :rofl:

:rofl:

A good one! We should write to Obama and tell him to pay for our group buy of NEP throttle locks in his next "stimulus" bill. :rofl:

Now I remembered Pelosi said everyone can quit their jobs and pursue their dreams - the government will pay for it. I wanna be a motorcycle writer. I mean ride all day and then write a little story how it felt. :rofl:

Right on I wish the Government would pay my bike note :rofl:

NEP Cruise Control :: Aerostich/RiderWearHouse Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear

This the one you're talking about IG? BTW I didn't know this was out there. All I've ever heard about was throttlemeister..

Thanks

Yep, that's the one. Crappy piece of plastic and they charge $20 for it - un-freaking-believable! No wonder folks are trying to use O-rings.

Anyway, the coolest thing about the throttle lock is when there is light traffic on a highway, I would lock the throttle and spread my arms like I am flying and controlling the bike with my body only. Can't turn like this, but maintaining a straight line path is not a problem.

On a side note, when I ride like that with no hands, the bike effectively becomes a "BS bike" per Keith Code. It's a great illustration of how when trying to change direction with no hands on the bars is practically impossible.

Last edited:
Back