*HELP* List all Available clutch cable conversion mods

I'm a newb but did you soak the clutch plates before putting in? Thought I read that needs to be done in a wet clutch setup.

Motor oil at correct level?

I’m racking my brain so I pulled out service man and read all the clutch section. Maybe weak clutch springs or pressure plate is in the diagnostics section.

The clutch kit did have new Springs in it. As far as the pressure plate goes I think I'll have to get a whole new clutch basket.

I'm a newb but did you soak the clutch plates before putting in? Thought I read that needs to be done in a wet clutch setup.

Motor oil at correct level?

Yes, the clutch fibers and steels was soaked overnight. Correct level, yes.

I'll have to do that once I get a day off. They did end up giving me a refund for most of the labor with the exception of inspection. But the parts I did have to pay for.
That's fair, parts are not returnable once installed...
Before buying new parts see if you can borrow things to see what works.

Letting out a little fluid isn't going to significantly cool down the rest....
So, again, fluid temp isn't your issue

This little fact really does points to an issue with an external clutch mechanism I think. How can an issue with the clutch itself be fixed by relieving pressure form the hydraulic clutch line?? To much pressure in the line could be causing the slave cylinder to push slightly on the push rod, thus slipping the clutch. The question here is WHY is there to much pressure??

I am dying for a way to fix this issue! I'm damn near ready to just get rid of the bike and get another Busa.

If you read his original post on this problem, he overfilled the master cylinder reservoir when changing the clutch fluid. When brake fluid heats up it expands and needs somewhere to expand to. If the reservoir is overfilled the fluid has nowhere to expand to! Pressure builds up and bam! slipped clutch. That's my theory anyways.

If you read his original post on this problem, he overfilled the master cylinder reservoir when changing the clutch fluid. When brake fluid heats up it expands and needs somewhere to expand to. If the reservoir is overfilled the fluid has nowhere to expand to! Pressure builds up and bam! slipped clutch. That's my theory anyways.

But apparently it did the same before and after.

When did this start?
Out of the blue?
After you bought it and first started riding it?
After Any other work done?

Yes and after that I did take most of the fluid out and still had the same problem. After that I took it to the shop got a new master cylinder, clutch lines and slave cylinder put in by the shop, OEM....

When did this start?
Out of the blue?
After you bought it and first started riding it?
After Any other work done?

It started after spring weather broke and I tried to ride. In Michigan we have long winter's so she was sitting for about 4-5 months in a garage covered up, not heated. Stock bike with a K&N air Filter.

So you are absolutely sure you used dot 5.1 and not dot 5? As the almighty google says 5 is not compatible with 4, but 5.1 is. And are you sure you got out all the old fluid and filled the reservoir to the top of the bubble? I would try re flushing one more time. Don't worry man!

I would check the sprocket cover.
The cylinder that the piston fits into.
Measure it. Any burrs or damage?
Also the hole the pushrod goes through.
Given that different metals expand/contract at different rates, there's a slight possibility that as it gets hot, the piston and/or rod is sticking from previous damage.
That's all I got for now.

So you are absolutely sure you used dot 5.1 and not dot 5? As the almighty google says 5 is not compatible with 4, but 5.1 is. And are you sure you got out all the old fluid and filled the reservoir to the top of the bubble? I would try re flushing one more time. Don't worry man!

I am sure it is Brembo 5.1

I would check the sprocket cover.
The cylinder that the piston fits into.
Measure it. Any burrs or damage?
Also the hole the pushrod goes through.
Given that different metals expand/contract at different rates, there's a slight possibility that as it gets hot, the piston and/or rod is sticking from previous damage.
That's all I got for now.

That's one thing I have not checked or change. *the hole the pushrod goes through*

The cylinder that the Piston fits into, can disconnect from the sprocket cover. Slave cylinder, it's brand new.

Back