Help: Is this a frame slider or just a protector

flybybusa

Rider formerly known as wingding
Donating Member
Registered
My busa is scratched at the fairing attachement point right around the screw hole. I saw this pic of red busa that has what looks to be a frame slider at the fairing attachement point. I thought it would cover my scratches nicely.  Can someone identify the maker? is it a frame slider or just a fairing protector?

Thanks,

Adam
someoneelsesbusaslider.jpg

mybusascratch.jpg

Seems to me that those would break really easily, being as the bolt is so small. Could be wrong, but I'd go with the standard sliders that bolt to the engine mount.

"Seems to me that those would break really easily, being as the bolt is so small."

That's exactly what I thought too when I first saw them...If I got those it would be just for looks...I wouldn't depend on those to protect anything..

I think he is looking to use it for a cover up of the scratches around the bolt hole. And no, they will not do anything for protection.....

Thanks everyone. Yes for now I was thinking they'd cover up the scratches, and in a tip over might provide a little protection.

They work for a driveway tip over,,trust me i know....and they all snap if your rollin,,to cover paint, it will do.
beerchug.gif

If you search ebay i'm sure you will find them cause there are alot of people that sell them that try to pass them off as a frame slider.

I like mine and yes they do work in a tip over.. Don't ask me how I know either.

2000_Busa_055_1024x768.jpg

Back