help is my piston ring done

Busaboy1992

Registered
pulled the air box off the bike and looked down the butterfly into the piston and it has circular ring in the walls all the way around. is this normal or should i be worried?

What you should see are your valves. You cannot see the piston unless you dropped as valve and if that was the case your bike would not even run. Not sure of the ring you are talking about.

the piston rings 2 of my valves are open so i can see down into the piston and im looking at the cylinder wall and all i can see is circular grooves around the cylinder wall

Chances are you're seeing the crosshatchings in the cylinder walls themselves. If those weren't there you would be burning oil like crazy and have low compression. They are a good thing. Google 'Cylinder Wall Crosshatch' and tell me if that's what you're seeing. Like I said, if that's it, then it's a good thing.

i agree with Mr.cheese...

but i will do you one better, ill give you $500.00 to get her off your hands...

just send me the bike , i will have it inspected and tested... i will have 7 days to verify , at the end of the seven days I will release the funds to your account.

:lol::lol:

Chances are you're seeing the crosshatchings in the cylinder walls themselves. If those weren't there you would be burning oil like crazy and have low compression. They are a good thing. Google 'Cylinder Wall Crosshatch' and tell me if that's what you're seeing. Like I said, if that's it, then it's a good thing.

+1000

Back