HELP HOW DO YOU PROPERLY REMOVE AIRBOX

dbankhotbusa

Registered
It's me again. I'm doing the PAIR VALVE MOD and I need to get to my throttle body. Not really sure how to remove airbox. Don't won't to remove or brake anything I don't need to move. Help I'm at a stand still

See if these help you...

step_1.gif

Hope those help you out; send me a PM or we can get on the phone and I can try to help walk you through it if needed...

Hey, when it says disconnect cables from their drum, are the referring to where the arrows are pointing? or where you have it circled?

(dbankhotbusa @ Apr. 21 2007,15:02) Hey, when it says disconnect cables from their drum, are the referring to where the arrows are pointing? or where you have it circled?
Both; if you loosen them at the buckles, then you will be able to pull the cable ends from the throttle lever...

What are you looking to do though?

When it's time to go back, you a heat gun to warm up the rubber boots that go to the velocity stacks or use some sort of silicon spray, it will help slide them on the throttle bodies...

when I removed the valve on friday night all I did is cut the vac hose on the right side of the air box that went to the throttle body and pluged it. made it easy, and just plug the large hole on the bottom.Did not know if this was the best way to do it but I did not have to remove the air box. someone may have a better idea.

MC hooked ya up already. Hard as hell to remove and replace airbox from what I've been told.

(dadofthree @ Apr. 22 2007,09:03) MC hooked ya up already. Hard as hell to remove and replace airbox from what I've been told.
Not really that hard. Just takes a little practice.

Dayum Shawn...why don't ya just ride over there and walk him through it
beerchug.gif

I've never removed the throttle cables before... i just had my air box off and didnt remove the cables...
rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

(Sloto200 @ Apr. 22 2007,17:28) I've never removed the throttle cables before... i just had my air box off and didnt remove the cables...
rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif
I didn't remove mine either.

rock.gif

rock.gif

Okay everyone, I got the box off without removing the cables. Once I loosened the two screws on the left/right side of the throttlebodies and removed the assorted hoses, I just wiggled back and fourth and she popped right off. I even went ahead and did the airbox mod.

Oh yeah, Is it necessary to remove that valve at the bottom of the airbox?

Go back and read, because I haven't done it, but from memory no. I think guys seal it though.

why would you need to take your airbox off to do the p.a.i.r. mod???

I've taken my airbox off/on over an over and have never had any trouble doing it.... just diconnect whatever is attached loosen the screws on each side which clamp the boots to the throttle bodies, remove the front screw and rock back n forth till iit comes off.... same goes for putting it back on.....

You don't need to remove the airbox to remove the pair.

I don't know if you need to remove the airbox to do the pair MOD.

You don't need to remove the valve on the bottom of the air box when doing the air box mod.

You can remove the valve on the bottom so long as you seal the hole it leaves.

Airbox removal and reinstallation can be tricky, but it's not hard so long as you really loosen the clamps. I also put a little moisture (aka spit) on the the seals when putting it back on. Helps it slide on easier.

beerchug.gif

Back