HELP!! How do I get these turn signals to work?

TorontoBusa

Donating Member
Registered
I'm installing an undertail, a "Free Street Design", and the signal are cool looking lights on the side about 4" long 1" wide, when connected to the battery, they work fine, but when connected to the turn signal, they don't work at all
mad.gif
. To add to the confusion, there are another pair of turn signals at the back, which I have wired together, and they work fine.

Any idea's??

I'll try to post a picture of the turn siganl as well, in the picture I have the old which still works as well, so I know I have power

They should work when connected to the original wiring for the signals....if your other signals are working and these won't I just don't get it...the bulbs are not burnt if they work off the battery...I guess just check the connections....they may not be pluggin in well enough...You may want to change the terminals....

The only thing I thought about, maybe they use so little current that the turn signal reply thinks the bulb is burnt out and shuts off before it lights the bulb??

I'm going to try to hook them up in series, instead of parallel, and see what that does...

Are they "ordinary" bulbs or LEDs? LEDs are polarity sensitive.
Thank you thank thank you!!!!

They must be LED's, because I just ran out to the garage to give it a shot, they work perfect! I've never used a light that is polarity sensitive before...

I'm surprised that I connected both backwards.

Thanks again, this drove me nuts all weekend
smile.gif

Got you got 'em working. Now post up pics so we can all see how they look!

Back