Help! Hotbodies smoke kit

dsbunton646

Registered
Just got my hotbodies kit in and was puting it on. I got the tail off no problem and installed the taillight cover without incident. Now I am looking at the turn signal covers and I swear they are made backwards. What i mean to say is the nice glossy side appears to be on the inner portion. Can anybody who has put these on give me some advice before I call Motorcycle superstore and begin the complaining process. And yes I know there are minor fitment issue complaints with these kits, but this is not fitment, or at least i don't think it is. Also can anybody explain, maybe with some clear pics on how/where to relocate the turn signals. My directions are photocopied and the pics are worthless.

327_sub_3-undertails-suzuki-2008-11-hayabusa.jpg

give me a call 309-738-9093 i can help. Chris

Thanks. I am going to return them to motorcycle superstore anyways. One has a a decent scuff on it even it was properly finished. Can you tell me if the signal covers on yours are the same outer finish as the taillight cover. Mine are very dull on the exterior but have a glossy clean finish on the interior. Called hotbodies and they said they would replace the kit but i have to ship them this one first. So in other words, I am out the shipping again both ways. Motorcycle superstore said they will grant a refund, but not on the shipping. Then I have to buy a new kit as they won't do an exchange. This blows. Any sponsors sell this kit? Any sponsor that will open and inspect it before it is shipped to me preferably?

I have the full kit that I took off of my 08, everything fit perfectly..... if you want to buy it....Call me 978-760-1520

You should be sending back to the vendor you bought them from. The finish on my 1st set was pitted, sent them back to Indy Superbikes and they sent me new ones. I was out shipping 1 way.

Motorcycle superstore took care of me. After a little conversation they agreed to email me a ups return label. They said just print and stick it on the box and they would give me a full refund. So I am sending it back. Good customer service, it's just too bad I have to wait on a new set.

??? when i was getting mine put on i to thought they was putting on them backward the gloss side when to the inside and the dull side was on the outside put after a few months my taillight have dull some so it all match up good now :cheerleader:

Dull is one thing but the finish was not at all smooth. One lense looked like it was gouged with a soldering iron near the edge of the bolt hole.

Mine had a crappy finish on them too. I should of bought the clear ones and tinted them myself. Eventually i will sand them and refinish them???

I got my new kit in this week from Pashnit. It is in much better cosmetic shape than the previous one, thanks again guys for going that extra step or two:thumbsup:. I went to install it tonight and all was well untill I tried to relocate the turn signals again. This time the lense cover fit beterr but I cannot for the life of me get the supplied bolts to thread through the metal clips that are used to secure the oem signals in place. The directions aren't real clear but if those clips are removed then there is no way to secure the smoke lense and signals to the bike. Anybody who has installed these things had this issue? Is it something simple that I'm overlooking or is just the same old sh$#%y luck again and the wrong thread pitch or size bolts were supplied in the kit ???? The bolts are a hex/allen head with a lock nut just to compare.

it's been a while since i put them on, it took me a few min too to figure it out, but if i'm not mistaken, which i may be, when you put the smoke cover on, the long screw will go in to the original, and hold it, but it will not sit right up on it, i thought it was kinda weird when i did it, but it worked, hope that helped some, but without having my hands on it its kinda hard to explain

Take the metal clip off. The signal is secured with the long bolt and nylon nut that comes with the kit. The bolt will go through the hole that the clip came out of and snugged down with the nut on the backside of the signal lense. It seems kind of hokey when its in there but it works. Dont crank down on the bolt so hard that your signal breaks. Give me a call if you have any questions, its easier to talk you through it.

Take the metal clip off. The signal is secured with the long bolt and nylon nut that comes with the kit. The bolt will go through the hole that the clip came out of and snugged down with the nut on the backside of the signal lense. It seems kind of hokey when its in there but it works. Dont crank down on the bolt so hard that your signal breaks. Give me a call if you have any questions, its easier to talk you through it.

^^^ that's what i was trying to say, just couldn't get it out!!lol:lol:

Thanks, it was late last night when I got to the turn signals. I have been pulling double duty on the bike and the boat after work hours. I gave up on the signals after looking at them for a few minutes. It may be just how I looked at it or possibly due to the couple hours of sleep I was running on but I pulled that clip off and it looked like the "hole" where it was, was actually just a "c" shape and not a complete hole in the plastics of the bike. That is why I thought the clips had to stay. I only looked at the right side briefly though. I'm gonna head back out to the garage in a few and have another look at them. Thanks again PALMOBUSA and GSXtacy.
GSXtacy, I'll give you a call if I can't figure it out. Thanks for the px number. Not sure what time it is there though. :laugh:

Thanks again guys. It was fairly simple after the explaination you gave me. Just looked a little unsecure till I actually got them all the way on there.
Appreciate the help! :thumbsup:

Back