help hiding scratches on 06' tail section

Presto_z

Registered
I have some scratches on the tail section from the previous owner, its where the helmet has rubbed and scrapped down to the plastics. Any suggestion on how to cover this up without having the tail section resprayed? I would like to replace the factory decals as well since they are sun faded. Maybe someone makes a stick on pad that covers that spot and prevents further damage? or a decal that looks similar to the factory but extends down further and covers the scratches?

any help would be appreciated

20130320_140547_zps407e6dae.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just sayin, light sanding, and light coats of a spray can full of paint that will match (which you can get from most auto paint suppliers by taking your bike to them) and you'll be money. Otherwise, kinda screwed. Sorry to be blunt, but that's the way it is

some polish and a buff will help but if they are deep you may as well leave them alone so you don't create more issues

some polish and a buff will help but if they are deep you may as well leave them alone so you don't create more issues

+1 just buff out the lighter ones with a rubbing compound and use a little black touchup paint on the real deep ones, no buddy will even notice if u take ur time and do a good job

Back