HELP GREG 3582

ali123

Banned
Since we are all a family here.... and greg has spent over a year trying to get his bike up and running.... and had a catastrophic failure.... This is the official thread to try to assist.... Greg... it doesn't matter anymore if u want help or not... we are a family here, and help each other.... I need a paypal address buddy.... @greg3852 …….. let us know how bad it is... what parts are needed.... etc....

I'm in. Let's see what the damage is, what his plans are and go from there.
I think frank said he was good for the rods......…..... plus me and u with a lil straight cash... off to a good start.
Just bought a part from him..... Family gift paypal to gregdemers@gmail.com
thank you.... I just sent him 100 bucks.... when I get paid again... ill try to send another 100... good start... at any rate... its gonna require CASH im sure.

We need to slow down here. First of all I don't want to help Greg to end up in the same place in a year. He needs to know if that engine is even worth a rebuild. Maybe it's time to just look for another motor and transfer what he can to it so he can have a bike with the legendary Busa reliability.

It's great to throw some cash it him and say "isn't the org awesome", but that might not ultimately help him. Greg needs to get an estimate on getting the bike rebuilt both from used pieces and with a remanufactured motor. MAybe Frank can help with some recommendations on the best direction. Then look at the options and go from there. When he decides, the help will be there.

Greg's story has become a first-click saga here on the org and has generated a lot of views (and enjoyment), so we owe him for that - this is not a hand out. I don't like publicly pledging to causes, I do it quietly both because I'm not rich and it's not giving if you do it to show off. But, when Greg decides what he needs I'm in for $250.

Wow. I will say you guys are an amazing bunch. I am very humbled. Honestly this place is like a family.

That said, I will be returning the money. I have some things I can sell here to get up some extra cash. I have computer parts that are sitting around that I can get some $ for. I will absolutely take the help in the form of parts that anyone can donate once I find out what it needs.

I will also say that I have built my last engine. It was a very very valuable learning experience and I have more of an understanding of the Hayabusa engine than most. BUT, it has been a couple years now that I have been able to reliably ride the bike. I will be taking the parts to Frank at Powerhouse (if he'll take it on) and have him put it back together. I feel as if it requires an experienced hand to deal with this motor.

In closing again, thank you guys especially Ali for trying to get me some help. It really means a lot to me. I promise to give back in any way I can to keep the generosity going and keep the family going.

I am in as well. Lets keep this thread alive for everything from parts requirements to fundage. Im sure Frank can accidently slip a quote for all teh required work :)

Wow. I will say you guys are an amazing bunch. I am very humbled. Honestly this place is like a family.

That said, I will be returning the money. I have some things I can sell here to get up some extra cash. I have computer parts that are sitting around that I can get some $ for. I will absolutely take the help in the form of parts that anyone can donate once I find out what it needs.

I will also say that I have built my last engine. It was a very very valuable learning experience and I have more of an understanding of the Hayabusa engine than most. BUT, it has been a couple years now that I have been able to reliably ride the bike. I will be taking the parts to Frank at Powerhouse (if he'll take it on) and have him put it back together. I feel as if it requires an experienced hand to deal with this motor.

In closing again, thank you guys especially Ali for trying to get me some help. It really means a lot to me. I promise to give back in any way I can to keep the generosity going and keep the family going.
greg…. don't start sellin stuff please.... Just keep the money.... im sure one day ill need a favor or some help.... lets just get the bike rideable... yank the motor and have a look... hopefully the head isn't too bad.

Last edited:
He's a passionate man this Dan (Ali123) of ours.....
I just don't want this guy to give up on it...…. Its easy to just push the bike in the corner and leave it there... this probably wont be a cheap fix hence the reason for this thread... and its easy to get down on oneself, but motor building is an intricate skill I think... thats why some folks make a good living at it... one mistake while building a motor and its allllll over. Greg doesn't want to take any money, but 20-50 bucks a person from his family members would be a giant help...…..

I just don't want this guy to give up on it...…. Its easy to just push the bike in the corner and leave it there... this probably wont be a cheap fix hence the reason for this thread... and its easy to get down on oneself, but motor building is an intricate skill I think... thats why some folks make a good living at it... one mistake while building a motor and its allllll over. Greg doesn't want to take any money, but 20-50 bucks a person from his family members would be a giant help...…..

I am applauding your passion, not knocking it...

All I'm saying is give Greg a little time to think and regroup his game plan before we get all riled up. I can imagine his stress is pretty high right now and we as his extended family need to give him a little space. He will let us know when he's ready and then we get going on your plan.

We need to slow down here. First of all I don't want to help Greg to end up in the same place in a year. He needs to know if that engine is even worth a rebuild. Maybe it's time to just look for another motor and transfer what he can to it so he can have a bike with the legendary Busa reliability.

It's great to throw some cash it him and say "isn't the org awesome", but that might not ultimately help him. Greg needs to get an estimate on getting the bike rebuilt both from used pieces and with a remanufactured motor. MAybe Frank can help with some recommendations on the best direction. Then look at the options and go from there. When he decides, the help will be there.

Greg's story has become a first-click saga here on the org and has generated a lot of views (and enjoyment), so we owe him for that - this is not a hand out. I don't like publicly pledging to causes, I do it quietly both because I'm not rich and it's not giving if you do it to show off. But, when Greg decides what he needs I'm in for $250.
arch... its a 1397... with headwork(ported)…… its worth fixing.

Making the org great again!!

Back