Help going to blow up my bike LOL

Blackmax

Registered
So bike has been sitting for winter gas stablized , went to start it and it backfires and throws the fi code for all injectors
Things I Have done so far
New plugs
put in new Injectors
changed gas out
pulled fuel pump and checked regulator to make sure it did not pop out (gutted pump AEM320 in there) external inline filter New
unpluged PC3 and ran it
so after all this bike will start fine and run up to 5 grand and no higher then pop fi light

Feeling pissed
Mark

Are the battery connections clean and tight? How about all the grounds? You'll probably have to take them apart to check for corrosion. What is the battery voltage when you have the running problem?

So bike has been sitting for winter gas stablized , went to start it and it backfires and throws the fi code for all injectors
Things I Have done so far
New plugs
put in new Injectors
changed gas out
pulled fuel pump and checked regulator to make sure it did not pop out (gutted pump AEM320 in there) external inline filter New
unpluged PC3 and ran it
so after all this bike will start fine and run up to 5 grand and no higher then pop fi light

Feeling pissed
Mark

I have stopped using Stabil as I don't feel it's worth it for 5-6 months of storage especially
because I fill the gas tank up and little air can get in the tank to hurt the gas IMO.

What year is bike? How many miles?

New injectors? They are not cheap.

Maybe use some Seafoam or Techron to see if that helps.

Well first check the injector plugs and make sure they are on the right cylinders. Then make sure they are on good and tight. Same with the plug wires. Not sure a PC3 has the rpm wire but make sure that's connected and making contact. Finally siphon off the old gas and put in new. That's all I got buddy good luck.

Are the battery connections clean and tight? How about all the grounds? You'll probably have to take them apart to check for corrosion. What is the battery voltage when you have the running problem?
Yeah everything is tight , need to put a fuel pressure gauge on it , cant see it being the pump as it kinda newbut will see , Not going to rack my brain with this too much as it is going in for a refresh to Steve Knecum in the next week or so , And everyone else you guys need to read what I have tried already on my post LOL , And Redbusa everything is new or clean on fuel system side so thats a no go bike motor miles is ?? 1397 Carpenter was refreshed 7000miles ago or almost 3 seasons come summer

The factory injectors won't work below a certain voltage. Like an earlier post I was thinking voltage issue. Steve will certainly get it straight.

The factory injectors won't work below a certain voltage. Like an earlier post I was thinking voltage issue. Steve will certainly get it straight.

I have checked both battery's and there fine and so are the connections , I think that maybe the fuel pump might be the issue , so i am going to put a spare new AEM 300 in it this week and see . I want to test the pump before it goes to Steve so he does not have to track one down

Seafoam seems to do the trick for me whenever I have any kinds of engine problems... car, truck, bike, lawn mower, snowblower, etc. Was told that I needed to get carbs cleaned on my first bike (not busa), so used this instead and as running like a champ after Seafoam treatments.

Hopefully you won't have to replace injectors. Can't they be cleaned like automotive injectors?

Seafoam seems to do the trick for me whenever I have any kinds of engine problems... car, truck, bike, lawn mower, snowblower, etc. Was told that I needed to get carbs cleaned on my first bike (not busa), so used this instead and as running like a champ after Seafoam treatments.

Hopefully you won't have to replace injectors. Can't they be cleaned like automotive injectors?

Thanx Use seafoam in my Vmax but check top of post , put new injectors in plus what's on the list

I was doing some reading elsewhere.... is there ANY possibility that there is a bad air filter or possibly blocked air flow?

Plugged fuel system somewhere?

I'm more familiar with automotive engines than motorcycle engines (for right now, that is), but they all need gas, spark, and air. If the voltage is OK, then it probably isn't spark. Gas or air? You said you were going to check the fuel pump... but I wonder if there is any evidence of fuel pump problems before 5K. It seems odd that it would only start causing problems at 5K... or maybe that's just when you recognize it.

I don't let mine sit all winter without running and don't use a fuel stabilizer. A couple of times a week I fire it up and let it run for about half an hour. On the Busa it goes on a rear stand with the front wheel in a chock and put it in 1st and let it idle run for a few minutes. At the end of the 30 mins, I run it up the tach a ways a couple of times.

I don't let mine sit all winter without running and don't use a fuel stabilizer. A couple of times a week I fire it up and let it run for about half an hour. On the Busa it goes on a rear stand with the front wheel in a chock and put it in 1st and let it idle run for a few minutes. At the end of the 30 mins, I run it up the tach a ways a couple of times.

Mine bikes are all up on there stands and I usually do the same by starting the 1 or 2 times a month , but I had a tear in my right hip fixed so it was no walking down to the garage for 6 weeks (and I am really just at 5 lol)

Back