!!Help!!Gen1 head on Gen2 bottom end

brick1008

Registered
Have an 06 Hayabusa that spun rod bearing. So put a bottom end out of a 2011 in bike & put the 06 head on top. Bike reacts like its out of timing when trying to start. Checked cam timing 2x(using Gen1 specs) & everything seems to be dead on. Did compression test on all 4 cylinders & I am getting 120 across.So wanted to get insight before I went to just changing/trying things.(I was under the impression that this was a "simple switch" when starting this build)Im leaning towards having to switch out crank pick up,etc......If anybody has dealt with this & can give me a direction,that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
---PM or call/text 850-516-9326---

Im running a Gen1 head with Gen1 cams. The only thing that I have done since this original post is put the 06 flywheel on & it will fire right up & has helped but Im still have "issues". Seems like I have a dead cylinder......Going to make sure that I dont have a bad coil before I go messing with any/everything else. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks

They are all at 175 WOT. I didnt have the throttle wide open initially. I was more so looking for psi consistency on all 4 cylinders

try to narrow down what cylinder is not firing, then move the coils and see if the problem goes to another cylinder.

Back