Help frome someone with experience

Orion

Registered
Doh! I meant from not frome....

Fellas,

I already know I am an idiot for this and should have used a single key only so don't go there  
iamwithstupid.gif
.  I nicked and scratched my tripletree pretty good with a key ring and want to polish it smooth again.  The manual illustrates taking it off after removing the forks but I have looked at mine and it doesn't look like this should be required because they take it off as part of disassembling the whole steering assembly.   There is no section on just taking the tripletree off only  
cussing.gif
 .  From the looks of it, it appears all I have to do is remove 4 bolts that have a chrome cap on each them but I am unsure how to remove the 4 caps.  I used to be a mechanic and have all the tools needed.  If there is someone out there that has done this before please enlighten me on the easiest way.  Thanks in advance.  
kiss.gif

Orion

<span style='color:red'></span><span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'></span><span style='font-family:arial'></span>A BIG HAMMER
muscle.gif

A SIX PACK
drink.gif
drink.gif
drink.gif
drink.gif
drink.gif
drink.gif
thumbs-up.gif

take something small and pop off the caps take the bolts out and tap it off

drink.gif

drink.gif

drink.gif

drink.gif

drink.gif

The first thing to do is remove the brake and clutch fluid resivours(sp).
Just lay them out of the way, but still connected to their wires and cables.
I had to remove the piece that houses the turn signal switch also, because the handle bar didn't have enough slack to come out without doing so.
Remove the chrome caps with a very thin screw driver, or something like that. Maybe a knife. Be careful, they break easily!!
You have to remove both bars, 2 bolts on each.
Then get the right size hex head wrench for the bolts under the chrome caps and, I BELIEVE, a 14mm closed end wrench, for backup.
Doesn't hurt to have a buddy to hold some backup too.
Hope this helps.

Back