Help from you track day guys

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
I was wondering (funny how I always wonder before I part with lots of $$$$$), has anyone used the Bazzaz with TC on the busa at the track and is it really worth it? Also would a 200 series tire be worth the hit on turning ability to get more traction? Since I got the Busa's suspension sorted, it became much more apparent that it takes some real muscle to turn it. I think this is because before I had the stock suspension as hard as a rock to carry my weight without bobbing and squatting. Even though turning the bike was easier the limits were pretty low and well within the "oops surprise" zone even at normal speeds. Now that I have some compliance when I run 34-36 psi in the rear tire it feels like I have to pry the tire off the ground to turn the bike. Of course this is a good problem to have but at fast road speeds (70-130) you have to put some real booty into your steering inputs.

High Speed turns takes muscle no matter what tire you are on. I don't know what tire you are on but most street tires perform best down around 30-32 psi cold. It you are on touring tires I'd keep them up around 34-36 psi cold.

Bazzaz TC is okay, not great but okay. It will assist you in avoiding the highside but it doesn't mean you can be ham fisted and avoid trouble.

Back