Help !!!!!! Fork bolt

working on it

Registered
I am having trouble trying to get the lower bolt out of one fork. it just spins .
i have tried to hold the rod to one side and nothing seems to help. i have taped the bolt with a hammer to try and get the lock-tight to loosen up nothing. any help please is welcom

which bolt?

the ones in the very bottom do not need to come completely out, however if it is just spinning, it is probably stripped and needs repaired.. If you are talking about the bolt up the center of the fork tube that holds the cartridge, you need an impact and a little side loading on the cartridge..

fork.jpg

Last edited:
yep impact and a long 8 or 10mm hex driver.. the impact will get it loose

wow, should I even attempt this then? I was gonna change my fork seals saturday with help from a buddy of mine who did fork seals on his goldwing............seems kinda scary now

wow, should I even attempt this then? I was gonna change my fork seals saturday with help from a buddy of mine who did fork seals on his goldwing............seems kinda scary now

its not hard with the right tools. plus you dont have to take the bottom bolt out to change the seals. i am doing a complete re-valve so it has to come out.
again thanks Mr. Bogus

what about dust shields? gotta take bottom out for dust shields?
Posted via Mobile Device

ok got it done. forks have new fluid tire is on, breaks are replaced and every thing is wiped down.:whistle: road trip do some adjustment and job done.

Note: to any one thinking of doing this. BUY the tools (kits) to to do the job right. it makes it so easy. remember tools are an investment.:beerchug:

Back