Help for rookie!!!!

bigjay

Registered
Just about to start drag racing my 09 busa. One question i need to ask is will the stock clutch be ok or will i need a clutch mod? Some say yes and some say no. If i had the mod done what will it be like on the street? Does the rear wheel lock up on downshifts? My knowledge of the clutch area is zero so any help will be appreciated. Mods are brocks street megaphone full system, Powermod (similar to power commander) and k and n air filter. Lowered rear, strapped front and dyno tuned. I weigh 250 pounds and 6"6 inches tall.
Thanks guys!!!!! P.S. I am new to forum.

Personally i have a 2006 and i have made about 70 passes on my stock clutch and i had no problems it is all stock except for lowered and after market slipons. And it has about 10,000 on the clutch and still going strong. But then thats just my own results. Im sure it isn't good on the stock clutch. But hey what can you do when your POOR! lol

:welcome: to the oRg. You'll probably be fine with the stocker. PM some of the guys you see in the 1/4, 1/8 forums. Professor comes to mind. Good luck... I have the street meg short and PC3 :thumbsup:

You may have given up some power with the K&N. On the Gen I the factory filter was better, haven't read anything on the Gen IIs

Last edited:
Back