help for a friend

teamorion22

Registered
My friend has a suzuki volusia? with an 850. he thinks its an 03.

this bike has been sitting for over 9months with about 1/4 of a tank of gas. he bought a new battery and it started but it would only run with the choke up all the way. BUT when you put it in gear and let out the clutch it would die. so he bought some sort of fuel additive and new gas and put that in there. now it is running but he says it is very sluggish. something is wrong. my advise to him was to change the spark plugs, oil, and oil filter.

any advise or suggestions?
thanks
michael

Change plugs, oil, filter, drain the gas tank and refill with new gas, and add some sea foam to the tank.

Dunno if thats carbuerated or not, but if it is, it could be that theres some crap in the float bowls. clean all that crap out as well and see where you are at after that.

Sounds like he needs to clean his injectors and clean his fuel filter. During the 9 months did he use fuel stabilizer?

yes it is carbuerated and no he did not use any fuel stabilizer.

thank you very much for your replies. i really hope to help him get it running. I am going out of town tonite. i come back sunday and hopefully i can help him then
michael

hopefully the sea foam will work, the carbs are gummed up from the old gas, may have to have the carbs cleaned out..good luck :thumbsup:

Back