HELP!!!! Does anyone know how to remove the shaft that holds the swingarm on??

There are 2 nuts, one on each side.
Take them both off.
The shaft then screws out with an adapter that fits into the hex hole in the shaft.
Do you have an adapter?

It unthreads from the side with the huge hex style (allen wrench) fitting. I didn't have an adapter however i found some large sockets i had laying around that have a hex on the bottom of them for whatever reason and they worked perfect. See what you have laying around that may fit it, but IT IS THREADED INTO THE FRAME!!

I''m headed back to the shop to dig around, if anyone knows a tool or method that will work or that's even worth trying please give me a call at 580-451-0287, i don't have the net at the shop. thanks.:please::please::please:

There is a nut that is for 5/8 inch reddi rod.
It fits right in and also fits for the front axle.
Put one of these in and a socket on the end and you have the tool.

DSC00634.JPG

I just checked and a 24 mm socket will fit that nut.
I don't have any british sockets here to check it, but the nut will be british thread, and you can check the size when you find one.
If not a 24 mm bolt might work.

Go to the hardware store an find a bolthead that fit's it. Then doublenut it and unscrew the swingarm pivot axle. Left loosey.

wooo! I got it i had a nut laying around that fit in there, and got it out that way.I Hate swingarms!!!!! Many of you may remember i bought a chrome swingarm that was for the Gen 1 which I didn't know when i bought it, then with help from the org. and about two months of fighting with the seller, i got my money back. Then i bought a stock arm off ebay for $60 and shipped it off to get chromed which took about a month, this week i had to order the bearings for the dogbones since they don't come out. I had them overnighted so i could finally get this project done, and surprise theyr'e the wrong size. I'm about to give up. Meanwhile my bike is still suspended in the air and the bike shop i bought the bearings from isn't open till tuesday.

No problem brother.

Make sure you torque that thing in, and both nuts, as specified.
It is a real drag if it comes loose or falls off!

Back