HELP!!! DIY Gen 2 DRAGBIKE HARNESS!

TerrysH2

Registered
Have a stock Gen 2 motor, ecu, complete throttle bodies. Has anyone built their own harness? Was wondering if I had the main engine harness, maybe I could build out from there? Would be using ecu for shift-kill. Probably only add on would be 2-step for slider. Anybody tried it? Know of any websites? Instructions? Thank you all.

Not sure exactly what you mean or why you would do it. I have done my own harness for an aftermarket ECU. I suppose it would be similar for basic functions of a stock ECU, just start with the stock ECU pinout diagram and probably the whole bike wiring diagram for any questions. There are some helpful diagrams in the manual regarding sensor wiring. To me, no point in re-inventing the wheel. If you look around you can find stock harnesses for $150 on eBay. That covers most stuff, then do your own shift kill/solenioid wiring, nitrous, etc.

You don't need an add-on for two step. It is in the stock ECU if you flash it.

Not sure exactly what you mean or why you would do it. I have done my own harness for an aftermarket ECU. I suppose it would be similar for basic functions of a stock ECU, just start with the stock ECU pinout diagram and probably the whole bike wiring diagram for any questions. There are some helpful diagrams in the manual regarding sensor wiring. To me, no point in re-inventing the wheel. If you look around you can find stock harnesses for $150 on eBay. That covers most stuff, then do your own shift kill/solenioid wiring, nitrous, etc.

You don't need an add-on for two step. It is in the stock ECU if you flash it.
Thanks Dennis. That's basically what I want to do. Start with oem main harnes, and add what I need. Was wondering if anyone else had done it. Thought the question was pretty clear. Guess not.

Thanks Dennis. That's basically what I want to do. Start with oem main harnes, and add what I need. Was wondering if anyone else had done it. Thought the question was pretty clear. Guess not.
LOL This would possibly be a better explanation. I have a stock ecu. Stock throttle bodies assembly, stock coils, stock motor.....that is all I have. If I purchase a stock main harness, what will I encounter, as far as properly running bike? Ex. no ignition switch, kickstand switch,tip over,witch, handlebar switches, guage cluster, etc .Basically, what will i need to do to have operable system for drag racing? I'm sure somebody has been down this road........just looking for experience:D

LOL This would possibly be a better explanation. I have a stock ecu. Stock throttle bodies assembly, stock coils, stock motor.....that is all I have. If I purchase a stock main harness, what will I encounter, as far as properly running bike? Ex. no ignition switch, kickstand switch,tip over,witch, handlebar switches, guage cluster, etc .Basically, what will i need to do to have operable system for drag racing? I'm sure somebody has been down this road........just looking for experience:D
For a chassis bike you will have a lot of wiring you don't really use, but would be a hassle to sort it out to get rid of the extra stuff, but it can be done. The ECU needs to see some specific resistance from the ignition switch for the immobilizer so the easiest way around that is to buy the switch replacement harness from Schnitz. Kickstand swtich just gets jumpered, I would run the tipover sensor. No reason not to. You will have to figure out which two wires to hook together for the kill switch but you would want your lanyard on them anyway. The handlebar controls plug in to the main harness so you wouldn't even have them if you just bought the main harness. Gage cluster can be missing no problem. I don't think it would be that bad. The only drawback would be you don't get to cut wires to length to put everything neatly in place. The ECU under the seat would probably work out best.

Back