Help Busa 2000 Fuel pump issues!!!!!!!!

theres some after market pumps available, check with goldenchild, gixerhp .......

my fuel pump comes on I was told it either works or it don't!!!!! the bike runs for a min but only after I disconnect the regulator line

Wish I could help you...pm goldenchild...he and a number of other guys will have parts or additional things you can check to correct the issue.

check all internal filters and replace when changing out fuel pump. You do not need to replace the case unless it is leaking.

Hamilton motorsports sells an improved slip in pump on ebay. I am using that pump for over a year now

BB

my fuel pump comes on I was told it either works or it don't!!!!! the bike runs for a min but only after I disconnect the regulator line
I think there's an internal filter and regulator that can be changed out.

There is a very good thread with pictures on the 1999/2000 fuel pump replacement.

I have even added a second pump to solve the problems and I have never had a starting or restarting issue since adding a low pressure fuel pump to feed the primary pump.

BB

Thanks guys.....I'm pretty sure it's the pressure regulator but I haven't seen any 4 sale except the dealership. ...i ran a series of test on the pump the pump comes on and works....I'm under the knowledge that the pump either works or it dont....so I've been testing the regulator and I'm positive that's what it is so a pump wouldn't matter in this case...i also broke the fuel pump down and cleaned it's contents thoroughly. ...where do I find jus a regulator for less then 1fukn70?? ; (

the pump can run and not pump fuel,,,or can pump but not near enough. its true,,,i promise.
Thanks guys.....I'm pretty sure it's the pressure regulator but I haven't seen any 4 sale except the dealership. ...i ran a series of test on the pump the pump comes on and works....I'm under the knowledge that the pump either works or it dont....so I've been testing the regulator and I'm positive that's what it is so a pump wouldn't matter in this case...i also broke the fuel pump down and cleaned it's contents thoroughly. ...where do I find jus a regulator for less then 1fukn70?? ; (

Well I hate 2 get a new pump n have same sh1t go on. I'm getting 2 much fuel.....which causing bog down white smoke ya?

Back