HELP!! Brown Pipe Tarnish!!!

Rocker_on_Rocket

Registered
Hi Everyone....
I bought some used headers and I'm cleaning them up a bit before installing. Anyone knows of any secret miracle liquid that can remove tarnish easily that can save me some time? Would just basic metal tarnish remover do it?
Cheers! :beerchug:

Dunno if it'll do anything for headers, but I use WD-40 and a green Scotchbrite pad on my mid pipe...works like a charm.

There is a product called Blue Away, but I would not recommend it. Expensive, gritty, and it doesn't work all that well.

If they are stainless a red scotchbrite pad will remove the brown fairly easy.

I remember using a product called Colonel Brassy to get melted plastic off a header. Used sparingly and it worked great.

They are HMF and are Stainless. Mothers Aluminum polish and alot of suffering works but I would like to see if there is something that will work easier for the major part of the work and then use the mothers for polishing. Thanks for all your input everyone. If anyone has anymore suggestions, I'm willing to read it! Let me know! :thumbsup:

I used Mothers Power Ball with the Power Metal polish and it did a great job on my mid-pipe. Made it look brand new again. :beerchug:

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it, unless it's something you don't mine doing again...and again...and again.

if you can't see it when mounted leave it as most likely will turn same color again once you ride it.

easy off oven cleaner can do wonders... just sayin :whistle:

*note try in a small spot first to make sure it does what you want. :whistle:

I use "The Works" toilet bowl cleaner on my Brock's Alien head mid pipe and canister. It takes the gold tarnish off with just wiping. Then go right over it with some soap and water or i even use foam glass cleaner then some polish of choice. Brock use to sell some stuff that is alot higher but it is basically toilet bowl cleaner also that comes with a brush.....

Back