HELP - Brocks closed on weekends and need my map to ride

Salty

Registered
Hey all I just bought my Brock's Alien Head 2 Ceramic Black full system and PCV, I spent 5 hours last night installing them both only to find out I could not load the PCV software on my Macbook because Dynojet is apparently stuck in the 90s when only Windows OS was in use. So I get my hands on a Windows Laptop and install the software, I install the maps pack from the PCV disc and to my surprise no Brock's maps. Next I go to Brock's Maps and find out I need to submit all my sales number and receipt number and dealers invoice number to get my maps. Then I get an auto email reply letting me know someone will review my request and get back to me with maps in 2-3 business days...THIS IS TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE ON BROCK'S Part. I am very upset as know I am stuck and cannot ride my bike I just spent hours putting their products on.

Does anyone have a Brock's Map for the Alien Head or Alien Head 2 exhaust system with stock airbox, and everything else stock still that they can email me so I can go ride my bike?

The point is I just spend $1450 on an exhaust and PCV to get the performance and power out of the upgrades and I have to wait 2 days? The fact that a major business is not open on Saturdays to field phone calls or provide map support is ridiculous... If their so concerned with making sure you have a validated purchase maybe the should ship atleast basic maps with their products....Horrible Customer Service on Brock's to be closed on weekends...or at least not have a 1-800 number that takes 24/7 phone calls.

Just unhook the PC5 and ride your bike! It's not going to hurt anything for 2 days!

Also, Just Unhook your PCV is not that easy, theirs no power button or single chord to unplug...I have to completely uninstall it from the bike to do this...

Salty, I'm a dumb dumb but I think you've got a few things wrong. It's Saturday on Memorial Day Weekend. You will find it hard to find someone with better customer service. Brocks and Brock Davidson are awesome.

Don't know the PCV but on my old PC III you just set the dipswitches to turn it off / disconnect it. Regardless you can ride the bike the way it is. I rode my '08 for three weeks until my dealer installed the PC with my Street Short Meg. The dealer told me just not to kill it until it was installed.

PM Frank powerhouse and see what he says. Absolutely the bike is better of with the right map. Sorry you ran into trouble on your install. It happens, take a deep breath.

Brock's a stand up guy my friend. Everybody has to take some time off. I understand your frustration but chilllllll

I ran my gen 2 with Brock's street meg exhaust for 4k miles before I got a tune. 2-3 days will not hurt you at all.

Relax you can run it till you get it tuned. You can leave the PC V on, it will not change anything by just connecting it. Besides, it is supposed to rain all weekend.

Salty, I'm a dumb dumb but I think you've got a few things wrong. It's Saturday on Memorial Day Weekend. You will find it hard to find someone with better customer service. Brocks and Brock Davidson are awesome.

Don't know the PCV but on my old PC III you just set the dipswitches to turn it off / disconnect it. Regardless you can ride the bike the way it is. I rode my '08 for three weeks until my dealer installed the PC with my Street Short Meg. The dealer told me just not to kill it until it was installed.

PM Frank powerhouse and see what he says. Absolutely the bike is better of with the right map. Sorry you ran into trouble on your install. It happens, take a deep breath.

I know its a holiday weekend but it's saturday I am just amazed that any business motorsports related is closed on Saturdays one of the largest volume sales days for motorsports parts and accessories. It's really frustrating that at the extreme amounts of detail they have available on their website that theirs no option online for me to download a default map. I am a small business owner and work 7 days a week to keep my customers happy and work almost every holiday except christmas and thanksgiving to spend time with my family.

I know Brock's is well known for their reputation in the industry and many many times I Have heard of their great customer service I have 0 doubts what so ever on Tuesday morning when I call to get maps that it will be resolved PDQ. Just extremely dissapointed that after all my hard work to install new parts on my bike that I have spent almost 2 years waiting to get I cannot complete my installation due to some technicalities that just make 0 sense to me.

The PCV as far as I can see has no toggles on the unit itself..its either off/on.
I did get my hands on a Windows Laptop and plugged in the stock maps for the Hayabusa to make sure everything worked and it seems great....but I am a bit anal retentive on my equipment and wont ride it until I get my maps on correctly.

I know its a holiday weekend but it's saturday I am just amazed that any business motorsports related is closed on Saturdays one of the largest volume sales days for motorsports parts and accessories. It's really frustrating that at the extreme amounts of detail they have available on their website that theirs no option online for me to download a default map. I am a small business owner and work 7 days a week to keep my customers happy and work almost every holiday except christmas and thanksgiving to spend time with my family.

I know Brock's is well known for their reputation in the industry and many many times I Have heard of their great customer service I have 0 doubts what so ever on Tuesday morning when I call to get maps that it will be resolved PDQ. Just extremely dissapointed that after all my hard work to install new parts on my bike that I have spent almost 2 years waiting to get I cannot complete my installation due to some technicalities that just make 0 sense to me.

The PCV as far as I can see has no toggles on the unit itself..its either off/on.
I did get my hands on a Windows Laptop and plugged in the stock maps for the Hayabusa to make sure everything worked and it seems great....but I am a bit anal retentive on my equipment and wont ride it until I get my maps on correctly.

You're frustrated :laugh: I knew that, best of luck with it. I've been there a few times.

You don't ride in the rain? LOL

Of course I ride in the rain...I usually do it every year either going to or coming from Eureka Springs. Ask Semi, he has seen me roll in at night soaked to the bone. Maybe some year I will buy rain gear. :rofl:

Man you are a cry baby.
Look it is easy just load ANY map or a ZERO map if you want it off.
I understand we are in the ME age but if you bought it from Brock you would have known what you needed to do up front.
Just remember we all do not get trophy.
And yes you will think I am an A$$ but I am correct.

There's a reason you have to go through all that you do to get the maps from Brock's. If you would have bought all of it directly from Brock's they usually download it on to your power commander before they sent it. Just because you work 7 days a week doesn't necessarily mean everyone else has to also. The major manufacturers in the racing aren't going to be open on Saturday either. And them having a phone number to call 24/7 wouldn't happen either. They aren't a huge company like yoshimura. There are only a few workers.

Man you are a cry baby.
Look it is easy just load ANY map or a ZERO map if you want it off.
I understand we are in the ME age but if you bought it from Brock you would have known what you needed to do up front.
Just remember we all do not get trophy.
And yes you will think I am an A$$ but I am correct.

Instead of going directly through Brock's I decided to support a local shop and had them order it for me as I like to support my local economy, guess my local shop is partially at fault for the lack of info on getting maps, Brock's is at fault for not providing the info in the box with the exhaust concerning their maps policy, and I am at fault for not doing more research on the maps prior to buying the exhaust system.

Anytime I spend $1000 plus on a purchase I expect a lot better service than I feel Brock's has provided when it comes to their maps program so far, I have no doubt when I contact them Tuesday morning the minute their offices open that my issue will be resolved right away as that is Brock's reputation and the reason I chose to go with their product line. You can believe though they will hear my opinion as someone who works in the IT field about providing all resources for high dollar products you sell online or in the large amount of documentation they ship in the box having a blurb about how you go about getting their Maps.

Zeroing off my PCV does nothing to help the situation as my bike now has a completely different exhaust system than my bike is tuned to run with, without a proper map on the bike their are plenty of potential fuel/air mixture issues that I do not wish to have impact my motor in any way.

Call me a cry baby, ill call you an @$$ h0l3, none of it really matters as nothing fixes my situation until Tuesday morning when Brock's opens again. Will I make sure to warn every single person I ever talk to about how Brock's handles their Power Commander Maps for their exhaust to prevent someone else from sharing my experience when buying one of their systems...You can bet your ass...

So you're gonna try to screw a reputable businessman because of your ignorance , really :laugh:

You want an expensive exhaust system ...... you need to look elsewhere. Brocks nolonger makes the cheapest systems but he's a long way from being expensive, just good.

Sorry about your experience. I'd say you needn't look any further than the guy you bought the system from. My dealer bought and installed the system on my bike. The PC had to be back ordered or they screwed up, I don't know which, but three weeks later they installed the PC ordered through Brocks with the map loaded. They knew what needed to be done in '08. They told me to ride my bike which was under warranty, but to not kill it. I was following the recommended break in so that didn't matter, anyway 6 years and 50K miles later my bike is running like the day I took her home. Actually it cranks easier when hot.

I don't have a problem with you telling people they have to go through Brooks to get a Brocks provided map. I would warn you about slander and liable. Not to mention if you tell these folks the story you have told us, they'll more than likely walk away laughing at you. Best of luck.

So you're gonna try to screw a reputable businessman because of your ignorance , really :laugh:

You want an expensive exhaust system ...... you need to look elsewhere. Brocks nolonger makes the cheapest systems but he's a long way from being expensive, just good.

Sorry about your experience. I'd say you needn't look any further than the guy you bought the system from. My dealer bought and installed the system on my bike. The PC had to be back ordered or they screwed up, I don't know which, but three weeks later they installed the PC ordered through Brocks with the map loaded. They knew what needed to be done in '08. They told me to ride my bike which was under warranty, but to not kill it. I was following the recommended break in so that didn't matter, anyway 6 years and 50K miles later my bike is running like the day I took her home. Actually it cranks easier when hot.

I don't have a problem with you telling people they have to go through Brooks to get a Brocks provided map. I would warn you about slander and liable. Not to mention if you tell these folks the story you have told us, they'll more than likely walk away laughing at you. Best of luck.

I think you took my last comment out of context, I have no reason to screw Brock's what so ever my goal is to do what was failed and educate people that for Brocks Maps you will have to go through all the hoops that the company set up for you to be able to get them.

Brocks is the most reputable exhaust company for Hayabusa Performance, Ive never heard anything bad about them and other than my frustration at their lack of downloadable maps I was very pleased with my purchase, the install instructions and the product.

I am definitely not out to slander Brock's Performance but as a consumer I feel a rather important part of their product offering was lacking additional information.

Also I did just receive my maps via email from Brocks about 20 minutes ago...so Im off to install them finally....guess they do work more hours than they advertise on their website and answering services.

That is all...

I find your post out of line also. You didn't buy the system from Brock yet you expect him to bend over backwards for you and on a Holiday weekend at that. Fortunately for you, he is a nice guy and will take care of you....on Tuesday. He will give you a map with a mild tune on it. You probably wont be happy with it. Spend the money by puting your bike on a Dyno and having it professionally tuned. Like you said, you waited two years for this exhaust, another few days isn't going to kill you.

I don't think I misunderstood you at all. You still fail to see the truth in this matter. I hope you thanked Brock Davidson for helping you out during his Memorial Day Weekend.

An absolute stand up guy.

And you still think their service is lacking SMH and still fail to realize the local guy you bought the pipe from is responsible. Have a great weekend. Let us know how it goes. I hope your local guy told you about the dummy plug you needed for the O2 sensor or that FI light is really gonna mess with you. Don't know a lot about the AlienHead 2 it might come with an O2 bung, but I thought these systems flowed to much for the factory O2 :dunno:

Instead of going directly through Brock's I decided to support a local shop and had them order it for me as I like to support my local economy, guess my local shop is partially at fault for the lack of info on getting maps, Brock's is at fault for not providing the info in the box with the exhaust concerning their maps policy, and I am at fault for not doing more research on the maps prior to buying the exhaust system.

Anytime I spend $1000 plus on a purchase I expect a lot better service than I feel Brock's has provided when it comes to their maps program so far, I have no doubt when I contact them Tuesday morning the minute their offices open that my issue will be resolved right away as that is Brock's reputation and the reason I chose to go with their product line. You can believe though they will hear my opinion as someone who works in the IT field about providing all resources for high dollar products you sell online or in the large amount of documentation they ship in the box having a blurb about how you go about getting their Maps.

Zeroing off my PCV does nothing to help the situation as my bike now has a completely different exhaust system than my bike is tuned to run with, without a proper map on the bike their are plenty of potential fuel/air mixture issues that I do not wish to have impact my motor in any way.

Call me a cry baby, ill call you an @$$ h0l3, none of it really matters as nothing fixes my situation until Tuesday morning when Brock's opens again. Will I make sure to warn every single person I ever talk to about how Brock's handles their Power Commander Maps for their exhaust to prevent someone else from sharing my experience when buying one of their systems...You can bet your ass...
You are an idiot as well as a cry baby. Zero out you PC like I said will not hurt anything. I have built bike with big motors and customer did not want a PC and they are still alive(just don't drag race or LSR)
Quit crying about stuff and Slamming people and listen.

I find your post out of line also. You didn't buy the system from Brock yet you expect him to bend over backwards for you and on a Holiday weekend at that. Fortunately for you, he is a nice guy and will take care of you....on Tuesday. He will give you a map with a mild tune on it. You probably wont be happy with it. Spend the money by puting your bike on a Dyno and having it professionally tuned. Like you said, you waited two years for this exhaust, another few days isn't going to kill you.

Im not sure if I posted it in this thread or not but the Map Im waiting for is a temp map until I get the bike over to Smithers Customs to have it custom tuned. Just dont want to be driving my bike around with out the right mapping. Anyways I have my maps now and am content.

Back