Help BRAKES!!

07vigorblue

Donating Member
Registered
Well i got around puting the wifes bike back together after some cleaning, powder coating, and puting a new rear rotor, all new pads front and rear, and new tires. Here is the problem, I can not get the right caliper (sitting on bike) to build any pressure. the pistons will not budge at all no matter how much i pump and bleed. Oh it also has braided lines now as well. Does anybody know whats causing this to happen.???

air air air..... (have no idea what "back bleeding" is)

get a small piece of hose, connect to bleeder and run down to a cup.. just start pouring fluid into the master and after about 8 ounces, you should not be seeing an bubbles.. DO NOT PUMP or work the levers while bleeder is open..

you may need to put a small amount of grease on bleeder threads to keep air from siphoning in... do not put so much on that it gets into system, just enough to seal threads

Last edited:
Hook up a small hose to the bleeder screw...open the screw, leave it open until you see fluid coming out. It may take a while...make sure that you keep the master full :whistle:

yes, back bleeding will most likely have to be done... all the fluid is going to one side only, not enough volume to get both sides working when air is in the lines......

ok thatnks guys i will try that tomorrow when i wake up and let you know what happens.:thumbsup: Now i'm going to applebee's to get some food:beerchug:

air air air..... (have no idea what "back bleeding" is)

get a small piece of hose, connect to bleeder and run down to a cup.. just start pouring fluid into the master and after about 8 ounces, you should not be seeing an bubbles.. DO NOT PUMP or work the levers while bleeder is open..

you may need to put a small amount of grease on bleeder threads to keep air from siphoning in... do not put so much on that it gets into system, just enough to seal threads

Back bleeding is taking a bit of fluid from the master with a syringe and with a small hose you connect it to the bleeder of the caliper.... open the bleeder a bit and slowly force the fluid into the caliper and it pushes the air up the line into the master along with the fluid you just took out..... takes about 10 mins and works great!!

turn the bike upside down and back bleed it ...then gravity will be on your side
:rofl::rofl:

mighty vac hand operated vacuum pump. fill the resevoir attach the tube to the bleeder screw, open the screw and start pumping until you get all the air out and see fluid. just remember to keep the resevoir full works everytime.:thumbsup:

Back