HELP - Black Spiked Bolt Caps - Removal and Re-Install?

Hi All;

A couple of weeks ago I purchased a used 2008 B-King and have run into a problem/question.

All over the bike are black spiked bolt/screw...what I am guessing are covers. (Pictures Attached) In order for me to service or modify the bike I need to know how to remove these? Does anyone know how?.....and once they have been removed can they be re-installed?

Some of them have 2 flat spots as well but no room to get a wrench or plier on them.

I asked the dealer and they said these are just bolt caps and all I need to do is take a heat gun to them? My concern here is that these spiked caps hold plastic parts in place and I don't want to take a heat gun to these parts.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank-you in advance,

SSB_B-K

Also to add....WOW!!!!!......this is one cool bike. I have only had opportunity to take it for a few short spins because winter has not given up its grip here yet.

IMG-20140503-00047 Bolt Cap.jpg

IMG-20140503-00048 Bolt Cap.jpg

photo 2.JPG

IMG-20140503-00049 Bolt Cap.jpg

Have you tried turning them by hand? Get some good rubber, latex gloves, wipe away any oil or grease and give it a try. Looks like spike bolts I've used. Good luck.

I've got everykind of spike you can think of . The caps always have a allen head to lock it in place . If it has two flat spots on them they are propbably from Spinwurkz and should just turn out. I wonder if whoever put them in did it by hand since it looks recessed and used some locktight.

Thanks Frisbee for the info. I tried taking one off the other day and broke the bolt off when I tried putting it back in. What I am thinking of doing is removing the ones I need out and perhaps leaving the rest. The dealer I bought the bike from - the original owner supplied all of the orginal parts - so I have a bag of oem bolts/nuts etc. Hopfully, I can find the oem bolt for each spike that I remove.....if not i guess I will have to buy the replacements.

I suspect you won't want the ones I take out but let me know if u r still interested. U can have them for free if u want to pay shipping?

SSB_BK

I would think a small strap wrench would work well for these. I bought a set of these things in various sizes years ago and they come in very handy from time to time.

28620.jpg

Back