Help a newbie with first tires

Search for jinksters attack’s suspension and read. There may be members in the area that can help but it can be done alone. Do this. You will thank yourself. I cannot stress it enough to get that setup before buying tires.

Get the pie.

Suspension
setup is key ,
as is tire psi .

:super:

I just picked up a set of Bridgestone S22F tires, I have Bridgestone S22Rs on it now and it stuck in the corners as well as giving good wear...the rear wore off flat as one would expect around here but they are a multi compound tire so they lasted a fair amount of time...I could probably get more kms out of them but I am changing them out in the spring.

They are a good price as well.
I meant to say S21Rs...big fat fingers....

I do pay attention to my air pressure but I doubt know snuffing about suspension setup and the closest things I have to a shop are Cycle Gear and a Ridenow dealer in Jacksonville so I'm pretty well stuck with whatever she's set on now

“I doubt know stuffing”? You can review and edit (correct) your posts before posting and for a short time after posting.

Lol sorry I usually see mistakes that bad before posting but sometimes I get in a hurry at work and miss it. "I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING about suspension..."!

Hi. Set the suspension for the way you ride! Street, hot street, road race track and drag race are all different set ups.

I recommend round black tires in the 195/55/17 variety . Preferably with deep tread , and good rain sipes for evacuation . Pilot series are very good as well as other X ,Y Z brands except the letter S brand . Stinko .
I have removed 3 so far that were out of round , and nearly new conditions . This is a pilot road 5 set on AR 341

This is Pilot road 3's in the Rain on my FJR1300 years back .

Back