Help a friend - What is this 'Smoke Out Rally'?

el stumpo

Registered
Ok, guys, doing this as a favor for a friend.

Her hubby has gotten into riding a MC. Nice Harley. :thumbsup:

Bad news is, he seems to have found the wrong group to ride with. I'll spare details on the group, but he's planning on attending a "Smoke Out" in Rockingham, NC next weekend.

Linky Here

Aside from the usual debauchery, does anyone have any inside knowledge of what this Rally really is about? Is this known for being out of control? Or just a good ole time?

Thanks for any insight...

:laugh:

wildhogsposter.jpg

I thought about Wild Hogs and when he first learned how to ride about three months ago, I suggested it and laughed about his mid-life crisis. :laugh:

Question is: is he getting in over his head. He's talked about "one percenters", had to look that one up and then ::11

There nothing wrong with the one percenter guys. My buddies dad was one. The nicest guy ever until someone made him mad.:laugh:

The Smoke Out rally, put on by Horse Magazine was started for readers and enthusiasts of that Mag with interests primaraly in the chopped/bobber type bikes of any make. Of course you will find plenty of Harleys, but also old skool bikes made out of any type of motor/frame from different manufacturers like back in the old days of the 50's/60's.
There is plenty of talent there and some great looking bikes. Most in attendance are hard core riders/fabricators/fans and bikers. Thru the years the rally has become bigger and now attracts all kinds of riders. Great tatoo artists there too.
There is a good representation of 1%ers too who like to party hardy. But nobody is there to cause trouble. Use your common sense as to where to hang out or not.
I have been to 2 of these and always had a great time seeing just what some of these guys can come up with to use as parts on some great looking rides.
Oh and if you are into people watching...no better place!

The Smoke Out rally, put on by Horse Magazine was started for readers and enthusiasts of that Mag with interests primaraly in the chopped/bobber type bikes of any make. Of course you will find plenty of Harleys, but also old skool bikes made out of any type of motor/frame from different manufacturers like back in the old days of the 50's/60's.
There is plenty of talent there and some great looking bikes. Most in attendance are hard core riders/fabricators/fans and bikers. Thru the years the rally has become bigger and now attracts all kinds of riders. Great tatoo artists there too.
There is a good representation of 1%ers too who like to party hardy. But nobody is there to cause trouble. Use your common sense as to where to hang out or not.
I have been to 2 of these and always had a great time seeing just what some of these guys can come up with to use as parts on some great looking rides.
Oh and if you are into people watching...no better place!

That's what I was looking for. You can always find trouble if you look for it, just wanted to make sure it was more along the lines of a 'legit' get together than an 'outlaw' get together.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

It is supposed to be a very cool event, i always wanted to go to one when i had my harley, use to read about it in The Horse mag. they have all kinds a contest and it is just a good time. It will be as good event. Lot of top names and cool people. George the painter for one.

ok, I'll bite, who is George the Painter?

Well he is a guy that writes a couple of pages in the Horse each month that is really entertaining and funny and he is a awesome painter also, paints pictures and posters all kinds of cool stuff usually with ratrod looking harleys and women and he rides his bikes to all the events and kinda acts like a bum, you would just have to read his pages and see some pics of him and his drawings and paintings to see what i mean, if your ever in book store pic up The Horse and check it out and read his pages, it is usually pretty entertaining. :beerchug:

Back