help a fellow Busa owner-soon Busa veteran

BUSAFETT

Registered
Due to a job change last Fall that resulted in a 25% pay cut, and the addition of a new child to the family (which we found out DURING my layoff time :( ), I am forced to give up my 2005 Busa that I've owned for 3 years, to an enthusiastic new owner. Lycan and some other fellow riders are already yelling at me about it, so I'm reaching out to you brethren to see if you can help get me back on a cheaper horse..

I know nothing will compare to my '05, but right now I'm just hoping to continue riding. If anyone in proximity of MD can help out, I'd basically love anything 750CC or higher. The key is it in needs to be in the ballpark of $2K (I know I know, pls stop laughing). This is killing me but I'm trying my best to stay in the game.

Anything in the Zuk, Kawi, or Honda families would be best for me, as I'm 6'2" 230lbs and every Yammi I've ever seen looks like it could fit in my back pocket. Even another Busa with a salvage title would work if it was within the price range, but I know that's probably gonna be a pipe dream. I just wanted to reach out to you dudes bc I know so many of you have multiple bikes in the garage, so I thought I'd give a shot here first.

I'll still be sure to lurk and chime in even though I'm bikeless (well, coming this Sat)- there's a good crew here.

Always,

BUSAFETT

Last edited:
I was going to try and get $2500 out of this bike (97 1200 bandit, 8K mi.) after I get it all fixed up, but I would take 2k for it in its current state, needs carb work and fork seals. But unfortunately I'm in NW FL, a little far from you.

Bandit2.jpg

Wish I could help brother. Good luck on the hunt, you will find something for that price, just keep looking till you do.

Good luck there dude,wish you all the best.Too bad i dont have any that you are looking for

Thanks guys, appreciate the support- the killer is my birthday is next week, and the Busa was my '06 bday present. I just love how life works. :( :(

Best wishes. Sometimes we have to take a step back temporarily before once again moving forward.

Sounds like you're making the correct decision by putting your family first.

:beerchug:

Congrats on the new addition and knowing what comes first! There was a thread here not to long ago were a member got his son a nice kawi 600 for dirt cheap. They are out there, just be patient and thorough in your search.

Craigs List. You can pick up an older Honda Nighthawk 750 for $2K or less. Bulletproof motor. Handles better with some shorter bars on it. Good luck!!!

Back