Help 1441

maqluk

Registered
Hi all, I'm new to the forum, and spend hours reading the questions and different answers. I'm a fan of the Hayabusa and I have a gen 2 which was cut a few days ago a valve when I go 322km / h, I have only made ​​the ecu, and now it is completely disarmed me carry it like 1441, but not that kind put cam and if I'll be very grateful counsel, also let me know if you need to change any part of the engine to resist and not explode. From already thank you very much. From Argentina Daniel.

valv.jpg

not good, have a zx6r head like that from a bike i raced forever...It can be fixed though...

Daniel,
The Gen II motor floats valves pretty easily because it has very light valve springs. Your cylinder head is repairable, but you may want to put stainless valves with seat pressures of around 50 - 55 lbs if you make a habit of going 322 km/hr.:laugh: The lighter Gen II springs get really light after only 1000 miles. I have measured seat pressures of < 20 lbs on low miliage motors.

What might have happened is you may have floated the valve at high rpm. Right before top dead center the piston hit the valve, and either bent the valve or spit the keeper. In either case the valve hangs open and all hell breaks loose when the piston crunches the valve back into the head. The head is probably repairable. The cylinder is probably fine, so you may only need a piston for that hole. I would strongly recomend that you take the whole motor apart and check for damage to the crank and rods. The bearings should always be replaced after contact like that, but you may have bent the crank. A small .001 bend to the crank causes all sorts of problems with the main bearings.

Back