helmet

cjaj_70

Registered
Was wodering what helmet you guys would recommend. Have been looking at shoei, aria or suonomy. Any pros and cons to these helmets?

They are all pretty good helmets but it really comes down to which one fits your head better and is more comfortable for you ventilation wise. I have only worn Shoei helmets.
smile.gif

The best helmet in the world is the one that you will wear ALL of the time.
wink.gif

Other than that...I love my Arai RX-7 Corsair
cool.gif

Try them on for fit and stand in front of a fan in the store with the visor down for air flow.

I have an Arai Signet GT, I really like, It is my second one, I tried a Shoei, and dont like the fit of it.
It is more personal fit, what you like, and fits you best is going to be the best helmet to get.

Just bought a new icon mainframe. Motorhead on the other site says out of the dozen or so hi end lids he owns , he wears that one the most often. He has worn it WAYYY over 200 mph .. no buffet probs... goodenuff for me. sj

I wear the arai quantum. It's very comfy but does have wind noise. But then I think they all have a little wind noise. I can't comment on the others since I've been a arai fan for years.

Try all brands on for size, it comes down to personal fit. I have the HJC CL-14, the best fit for me. They make a nice sporty and colorful AC-11 model now and the price is right, much less than most of the other popular brands.

shoei x-11 ... comfortable ... nice ventilation and resonably good sound protection!!

I'm ordering a matching helmet here soon. I may have a barely used Aria for sale (Astral-X model I believe). Black & Gray, XLg, not a scratch, clear shield, and cover. PM if interested.

Hayabusa (shoei) RF-900 great fit, but it moves around alot at higher speeds, Arai RX-7 Corsair:perfect fit, great ventilation, and does not move around at all at higher speeds,Axo RR-6 Carbon Fiber: Almost as good as the Arai,it is a little warm in the summer i think due to it dark color.I will be trying the Soumy Spec1R Extremes here very soon.NJ.:)

shoei oliver replica and an AC-11 yikes with a mohawk. I like both of them equally, except for the wind noise. The HJC has a bit more wind noise than mah shoei.

I have had HJC Cl-12, CL-14,
KBC TK8
and now I just bought a SHOEI RF1000.

I say hands down, the SHOEI RF1000 is quieter, lighter, and more comfortable than any of the other helmets I have had.

I will from now on, compare any future helmet purchases to the SHOEI Rf-1K...so all others have to beat it before I will buy them.

Dont get me wrong, - I used to be completely satisfied with the HJC's and the KBC. It was only after "actually using" the SHOEI RF1000 that I realized how much better that particular SHOEI model really was.

And it was expensive....yes, -but I find the expense worth it in how light and comfy it feels.

<!--EDIT|HayaVegas
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121239529 -->

Back