Helmet help

Blacksmith

Registered
Ok gents I finally have all the insurance stuff done and am just waiting on the check. Helmet and jacket will be replaced as well and im looking for suggestions from you boys that have tried more than one. I liked my AGV K2 but it was a little short on chin room so my bluetooth mic touched my chin, not a deal breaker but a bit annoying. I'd also like to have a little more ventilation since it's hot here 9 months of the year. I'd also like to have a little more peripheral vision as this one was a tad tight, again not a deal breaker but I'd like to see a little more on the sides. I love the looks and specs of the AGV Corsa R but it's $800 and I feel it's for a more advanced rider than I'll ever be. So what do ya'll think? Any suggestions much appreciated.

I managed cycle gear for a while here in Houston and got to try many different makes. I love the shoies but they don’t fit me. Have an arai now that has been working great. Have had agv and scorpion. Honestly you need to fort be properly fit in a helmet. Don’t buy it just because it’s pretty, now if it fits and you can find the one that’s different. Aesthetics always take a back seat to form and function.

If you’ve had AGV before and like it, take a look at the AGV K5-S as it’s their middle of the spectrum lid, you can also find some deals on them with various designs/graphics

If you’ve had AGV before and like it, take a look at the AGV K5-S as it’s their middle of the spectrum lid, you can also find some deals on them with various designs/graphics
Thanks for the tip that's a nice one but it's not Snell approved and I feel a bit better knowing my protection goes further than the DOT minimum.

Thanks for the tip that's a nice one but it's not Snell approved and I feel a bit better knowing my protection goes further than the DOT minimum.
It is ECE 22.05 which means it’s track certified and test out well in Sharp tests 4 stars if you’ve heard of those. So it is more than just DOT

It is ECE 22.05 which means it’s track certified and test out well in Sharp tests 4 stars if you’ve heard of those. So it is more than just DOT
Oh ok cool there's an option then. Anybody use HJC? Their RPHA looks and sounds good, their the only one I've seem that claim improved peripheral vision

Oh ok cool there's an option then. Anybody use HJC? Their RPHA looks and sounds good, their the only one I've seem that claim improved peripheral vision
I have an HJC RPHA 70ST. Here is a write up I did on it:

I really like the HJC a local dealer had their Carbon Fiber Capt America helmet it is so freaking light. I have not ridden in one however. They seem to be popular

I really like the HJC a local dealer had their Carbon Fiber Capt America helmet it is so freaking light. I have not ridden in one however. They seem to be popular
As you will see in the write up I did, the RPHA is pretty light as well. Comparing it using the lift up and down test, it is lighter than all of my friend's helmets..the RPHA is a carbon fiber blend helmet.

Yellow09 is that a carbon helmet? I've heard that full carbon jobs are noisy. Tached1300 this one is available in a Venom print that looks pretty cool. Its carbon/kevlar/fiberglass so light but maybe not as noisy

Yellow09 is that a carbon helmet? I've heard that full carbon jobs are noisy. Tached1300 this one is available in a Venom print that looks pretty cool. Its carbon/kevlar/fiberglass so light but maybe not as noisy
The RPHAs are a carbon/fiberglass blend, I find most of the noise to be coming from the shield area, the 11 might be quieter than the 70 ST like mine though.

As you will see in the write up I did, the RPHA is pretty light as well. Comparing it using the lift up and down test, it is lighter than all of my friend's helmets..the RPHA is a carbon fiber blend helmet.
You posted as I was writing that out. That wad a good writer up im glad to see something other than a great review, seems like some people just can't dau anything bad about their stuff even if it's true

You posted as I was writing that out. That wad a good writer up im glad to see something other than a great review, seems like some people just can't dau anything bad about their stuff even if it's true
I don't find it unbearable as far as wind noise goes, it's just noisier than my old HJC (it could be because it's a carbon helmet-thinner outer shell).

I read all the reviews, and liked my old HJC so it was a no brainer for me to get the higher tier helmet...

I know a few people with AGV and they swear by them but say they are a bit noisier as well, they aren't a whole lot lighter than my RPHA even with the sliding visor.

I managed cycle gear for a while here in Houston and got to try many different makes. I love the shoies but they don’t fit me. Have an arai now that has been working great. Have had agv and scorpion. Honestly you need to fort be properly fit in a helmet. Don’t buy it just because it’s pretty, now if it fits and you can find the one that’s different. Aesthetics always take a back seat to form and function.
Best advice i reckon

Arai for sure !

74384707_2388728284582408_1988425074700451840_n.jpg

Scorpion fits me well, decent price point, good ventilation, and checks all the boxes for me. I have a R710 but they make higher models in the "supersport" category.

Back