Helmet Gadgets...

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
I know this can be a sore spot with some, but how many of you have dropped your new helmet and wondered if it was still safe to use? Well wonder no more! for less than $20 you can attach one of these to your prized brain bucket and not have to wonder.... (Hopefully, you never have to use this)
SHOK-SPOTR.COM

Heres another. A communication system. Dont know alot about it but it has alot of options.

A. Music Input-Standard 3.5mm Headphones Jack, 3' Adapter Cable Included, Listen to a CD, MP3, Cassette Player, Built-In Audio Amp increases volume of your music device. CD, MP3, Cassette Player not included.

B. Radar Detector Input-Standard 3.5mm Audio Jack, 3' Adaptor Cable Included, Hear your radar warning at all times. Radar detector not included.

C. Mobile Phone Input-Standard 2.5mm Headset Plug. Phones without 2.5mm headset accessory jack may require phone manufacturer's adaptor. See your wireless reseller for details. Mobile phone not included.

D. 2-Way Radio Input-For Bike-to-Bike Communications, Use an FRS, GMRS, CB, Walkie-Talkie or other handheld 2-way radio to toalk to fellow riders, Includes 2 different adapter cables for connecting the most popular brands of 2-way radios. 2-Way radio not included.

The AudioBoss AB-1m Includes:

Intercom On/Off and Microphone Sensitivity Control -3 Stage Microphone Control-Use low setting for extra loud environments and high setting when more microphone volume is required.

On-Board FM Radio-On/Off/ Volume Control and Auto Step Button

Mounting Strap

Inputs for 2-way Radio, Wireless Phone, Radar Detector and Music Device (CD, MP3, cassette, etc.) Audio signals are mono in both speakers for easy listening of both music and mono Inputs

Passenger Headset and Push-To-Talk (PTT) Switch Inputs

Driver Headset and Push-To-Talk (PTT) Switch Inputs

Driver Headset Cable -20 inch coiled cable stretches to over 4 feet

Weatherproof 6-pin Mini-DIN Connector

Microphone for Full-Face Style Helmets

Ultra-Thin Dual Speakers (1-3/8" diameter x .25" thick

Boom Microphone for Open-Face 3/4 style Helmets

Driver Push-To-Talk (PTT) Switch Cable 20 inch coiled cable stretches to over 4 feet

Weatherproof 4 pin Mini-DIN Connector

Weatherproof, Handlebar Mount Push-To-Talk (PTT) Switch -Controls transmit (talk) and receive (listen) functions of 2-way radio for bike-to-bike communications. Both driver and passenger can independently control the 2-way radio and talk and listen at eht same time over a single 2-way radio. PTT switch features a 12 inch cable

Passenger Headset Cable -6.5 foot straight cable

Passenger Push-To-Talk (PTT) Switch Cable -6.5 foot straight cable

2 way Radio Input Cable - 14" long

2-Way Radio Adapter Cable -Includes 2 different adapter cables for connecting to over 90% of the most popular FRS, GMRS, and other 2-Way Radios. Radio Adapter cables are 20 inch coiled cables that stretch to over 4 feet

Mobile Phone Input Cable - 14 inches long -Standard 2.5mm headset plug compatible with almost all wireless phones, either directly or via an adapter (adapters available from your wireless retailer).

Radar Detector Audio Input Cable - 14 inches long

Radar Detector Adapter Cable - 3 feet long

Music Adapter Cable - 3 feet long Mobile Phone Input -Standard 3.5mm headphones plug f or connection to almost any portable CD, MP3 or cassette player
AudioBoss AB-1m Product Detail

bdm.com

http://66.155.8.94/merchan....Code=AB

Snell and Dot tests are very thorough. Your not going to hurt anything more than the finish if you drop it.

Snell and Dot tests are very thorough. Your not going to hurt anything more than the finish if you drop it.
Unfortunately this is a misconception....

There are many differences between phony helmets and real D.O.T.-blessed types, but one of the most important is the use of an expanded polystyrene (EPS) foam liner (which resembles Styrofoam) inside a real helmet. It is the EPS that actually absorbs the energy of an impact. In doing so, it gets crushed, and unlike the foam-rubber comfort liner, it is non-resilient. Once crushed, it has lost its energy-absorbing capability, which is why a helmet should be replaced once you taken a hit in it. Look for the EPS liner if you have any doubts about the helmet being a genuine D.O.T.-compliant model.

I know this can be a sore spot with some, but how many of you have dropped your new helmet and wondered if it was still safe to use? Well wonder no more! for less than $20 you can attach one of these to your prized brain bucket and not have to wonder.... (Hopefully, you never have to use this)
SHOK-SPOTR.COM
Is this thing a joke, cause it's funny as hell!

Right from the site:

Q: What exactly does the sensor do?
A: It monitors the acceleration level on your helmet’s outer shell, and activates (turns red) if the acceleration exceeds a predetermined level for more than a certain amount of time. This acceleration level has been calibrated with your helmet type and data from your sport. A red Shok-SpotR™ indicates a severe impact and probable helmet damage, which can be invisible.

IE... Don't buy this thing if you have a busa... and people wearing this thing shouldn't even look at a turbo busa. It measures helmet acceleration. The first time you get on the busa and twist the throttle it'll be so Red people will think your bleeding out the back of your head!
biggrin.gif

Oh yeah, and I agree with ks with the whole drop your helmet and say good-bye to it. It saves your life cause of the foam that deforms in a collision. In the first collision the foam absorbs the impact by deforming. In a second collision the foam is already deformed, so it is a solid mass and cannot absorb the impact... therefore your skull receives all the force of the impact. The outer shell just protects you from sharp objects, not impact.

I was not talking about crashing. The original post was dropping your helmet. Any time you have an accident and you hit your head, even if it is just a scratch you should replace your helmet. Here in CA insurance companies are required by law to replace your helmet if there is any damage to it.

Heres another.  A communication system.  Dont know alot about it but it has alot of options.
ICE,
Neat. Does lots of stuff, I wonder if it warms your bike up in the morning too? Seems like a lot of functionality to be powered by 2 "AA" batteries.......

Errrr.
Shawn

From there web site

Please Note: It is possible to damage your helmet without activating Shok-SpotR.

laugh.gif

It's kinda like a home pregnancy test for helmets...
laugh.gif
E.P.T. and Clearblue Easy eat your heart out!
ices_rofl.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

Advertising it kills me,

FRESH BROCCOLLI "KEEP FROZEN".

FOR THE "PERFECT" PITCHER OF LIPTON'S ""ICED TEE"" ADD EIGHT CUPS OF ""BOILING"" WATER..

What is "HOMESTYLE" or "ALMOST HOMEADE" it either is or isnt.

Why did I get myself started on this .....:(

Advertising it kills me,

FRESH BROCCOLLI "KEEP FROZEN".

FOR THE "PERFECT" PITCHER OF LIPTON'S ""ICED TEE"" ADD EIGHT CUPS OF ""BOILING"" WATER..

What is "HOMESTYLE" or "ALMOST HOMEADE"  it either is or isnt.

Why did I get myself started on this .....:(
Well they are all valid points except the iced tee thing.

You can dissolve more sugar in a hot solution than you can in a cold solution. So.. make warm tee and pour a ton of sugar in it than cool it off. Your final product will have more dissolved sugar in it than if you tried it when it was cold.

This is how you make a supersaturated solution!

I forgot the exact physics/chemistry behind it, but at least I remembered the term!
smile.gif

OK SO WHY DOES SOUR CREAM HAVE AN EXPIRATION DATE?

IT's A PAIR OF PANTIES YET ONE BRA?

AND MY I CANT BELEIVE THIS ONE.... WHY DOES BOTTLE WATER HAVE AN EXPIRATION BEST USED BY DATE?

<!--EDIT|ICEMANN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1105673728 -->

Back