Helmet for wifey - passenger

Helmet for wifey - poll

• Shoei for me and two cheaper helmets matching

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
So, I have a question, do I spoil wifey with the same expensive Shoei helmet as my own when she rides passenger, or do I get something less expensive?

How many use matching gear?

i would say it depends on your budget. something is better than nothing.

Don't tell the wife that helmet cost = safety. I trust you value your marriage. :laugh:

Find another reason to justify the cost of your Shoei.

Just make sure it is at least as good as yours (safety wise) and better looking too.
If she is on the back of a Busa she is what most people will see.:laugh:

As good as yours, i would say.:rulez::laugh:

As good as yours if she will do alot of ridding, but if shes not done much ridding, theres nothing worse than haveing two nice expencive helmets hitting each other during take offs and gear shifts:banghead:.... If its happened to you, you know what im talking about....

I let both my wife and daughter pick out their own, telling them not to worry about the price. only stipulation was that they had to be snell approved and name brand. they both got their own(diferent times of course) by letting them pick out what they wanted, it's easy for them to overlook messing up their hair to put the lid on:thumbsup: none of us match eachother or the bike:moon:

I think the more expensive helmets are more comfy if she is on the bike she needs to be comfy also. If she is comfy less moveing around, and she has to look good too.:thumbsup:

As long as it is DOT and Snell approved, I say let her pic out her own. It doesn't have to be an expensive one either. When I picked out mine, I got sensory overloaded and just couldn't decide. So I got a plain burgandy full faced helmet DOT and snell approved. Of course, I didn't ride much either. It also serves as extra helmet for out of town friends that want to take the Bandit for a spin. :thumbsup:

My wife and I both ride with Icon lids, and she picked out her own. I may go to an Aria next time, either way, she picks out her own gear.

someone made a snide remark about our matching helmets at the Bash. Bump em. The bike looks great, and so do we. Use to have matching alter ego gear as well. She's wearing the gold digger jacket now.

I agree on snell and dot approved, but other than that, fit should be a major consideration when choosing a helmet.

Bro, PLEASE buy the BEST you can for you and your wife... I have a brother-in-law who is still recovering from a brain injury---he was on a cruiser and wearing only one of those half-shell helmets...only crashed at estimated 45mph but got launched into the air and down on his head--- been a year + and he will never be 100% except by the grace of God fully healing him... They didn't even expect him to make it..but God still has a purpose for him to do...I thank God he's still here but I swear I believe IF he would have had a real good full-face on he would have walked away un hurt...

Hubby and I do not have matching helmets, and I am not sure of the price difference. I have a purple/lilac and white ICON and he has a Scorpion with some flip down sunshade, an option that I would love to have. His is either a very dark grey or matte black, not quite sure.

Get the best your budget will allow but also the one that fits her and is the most comfortable to her. If she don't like it she won't wear it and at that point cost is irrelevant! Time to take the wifey shopping.:laugh:

Back