Helmet Cam!!!

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
Duct tape and foam for this fun. I also have a major wide angle lens snapped on. Looks dumb as crap but VERY functional. Miirror shot

DCAM0033.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
look down, shows everything!

DCAM0034.JPG

Drive to the light!!
I was wrong in saying the feel of speed is lacking in a wide angle lens. I believe it works pretty well with it - shows a bit more ground rushing by, thus good feel of speed on the TV. Sorry for this senseless topic, others were messing with cams so I wanted to show the WIDE lens.
smile.gif
It's really a lot of fun to watch and is as clear as those DVD stunt videos. I'm gonna film by friends if they want and have them wear it and film me on occasion. Gonna be a SWEEET summer.
smile.gif

DCAM0042.JPG

smile.gif

Way cool man! We are looking for a helmet cam setup now... Prolly gonna go a hair smaller though. Still cool!

Smaller would be VERY good. Mine is this cheap-o Samsung, decent but kinda buky for this. Let me know if you find good mounting stuff.... this duct tape deal seems kinda cheezy
smile.gif
I have a spare helmet I could drill into.

Smaller would be VERY good.  Mine is this cheap-o Samsung, decent but kinda buky for this.  Let me know if you find good mounting stuff.... this duct tape deal seems kinda cheezy  
smile.gif
 I have a spare helmet I could drill into.
hmmm.... Dunno about drilling into a helmet... May wanna check with some of the other guys. I would think structural integrity issues.

RoTfLmAo!!! That is the funniest helmet cam I've ever seen! But at the sametime its cool as hell. I found an alternative for you though. Check this link out for a pretty cool ass helmet cam. $400 -$500 but this includes the everything from what I read. You ride withyou buddies alot...split the cost!! I know I would.

http://www.actionsportscam.com/hands%20free.htm

This helmet cam is pimpolicious for real! *winks*

I cant help but laugh at that first shot, lol, looks like something i would do. You could trying going to a local "spy" shop, or look online for a cam, I have seen some nice cameras that are about the size of a matchbox, Digi camcorders are pretty small too, and getting alot smaller and smaller every month.

Yeah, major DORKSville with that GROWTH on the side of the helmet. But it works great and is free.
smile.gif
That other link helmetcam was pretty cool though!!! I wonder what the quailty is like?

Back