Helmet?? Best one, options??

TorontoBusa

Donating Member
Registered
I've given up on my cool looking (In my opinion) Simpson Super Bandit, and want a new lid that is more aero dynamic, comfortable and less wind noise.

What do you have?

Do you like it?

What would you buy today?

I have 12 helmets, from an HJC for wet weather riding to top of the line Shoei and Arai.
I love them all but would have to put The Arai Corsair on the top for fit, finish, comfort and looks.

I have 12 helmets, from an HJC for wet weather riding to top of the line Shoei and Arai.
I love them all but would have to put The Arai Corsair on the top for fit, finish, comfort and looks.
+1
I dont have a Corsair, but i tried my friends and it was great!!

Shark RSR2 is by far the best helmet I have. I also have an Arai RX7 and I feel that helmet is way over rated. I also have an HJC FS15, another great helmet.

find one thats comfy and fits your head and dont look back.

I would love to add a Shark RSR2 to my collection, have heard nothing but good. Also the new Bell star.
The wife would shoot me dead.

won't wear nothing but Arai.

Arai rules...

love the way the faceshield mechanisms are hidden.
Arai IMHO does head SHAPES better than anyone else.
The Profile series fits me like it was tailor made.

Had a cheaper Scorpian and moved up to a shoei rf-1000 (what a difference)
Went from that to my Arai...again (what a difference over the shoei)

Sinister2.jpg

My Shoei...(not a slouch either)...

shoei1.jpg

How do they compare for wind noise? (I hear nothing but wind chatter now, drives me crazy, and I hate wearing the ear plugs, that make me feel disconnected from the experience)

Your best bet is to visit a local shop and try onw helmet that fits your head. A lot of choices there. I prefer the arai corsair myself.

Arai Corsair for me. I will not wear anything else but the Corsair and Im on my second one as I type this. Third one will find its way to my hands in December.

Light and extremely comfortable. Enough said. :thumbsup:

The Corsair is on my short list for replacements....how is the air flow inside? That is one of the most important items for me due to my location (HOT!).

won't wear nothing but Arai.

Arai rules...

love the way the faceshield mechanisms are hidden.
Arai IMHO does head SHAPES better than anyone else.
The Profile series fits me like it was tailor made.

Had a cheaper Scorpian and moved up to a shoei rf-1000 (what a difference)
Went from that to my Arai...again (what a difference over the shoei)

Sinister2.jpg

My Shoei...(not a slouch either)...

shoei1.jpg

Amen!! :thumbsup:

Arai RX7 Corsair
Arai Quantum F

How do they compare for wind noise? (I hear nothing but wind chatter now, drives me crazy, and I hate wearing the ear plugs, that make me feel disconnected from the experience)

Well, unfortunately when you get to the light weight and good airflow helmets, you give up a little in the noise level dept.
I always wear custom made ear plugs when I ride. Something you will get use to or go deaf.

Love my Corsair V, well vented, very low wobble at high speeds, Great helmet :thumbsup:

I have about 8 helmets in the garage, from HJC through Shoei through Arai, and my new Arai Corsair V is the best! Not a lot of wind noise, although I do use ear plugs at times, and great aerodynamics and fit! My previous favorite was the Arai it replaced, an RX-7 Corsair. The Shoei RF-1100 isnt bad either though, I put it right up there although I like the fit of the Arai's better.

I have an RF-1100, much better than the previous $99 helmets I've had. Arai has a great reputation for being a great one too.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back