Hello, mr. blanca..hello

BigBadDodge

Registered
I have a question and your inbox is full, so what the hell lets see what everyones opinions are on this

Looking at a 05 Mustang, with the stage 1 roush package. Car is showroom clean, 91k miles (i actually know the owner his wife drove it back and forth to work hence why im making the exception for the mileage)
Always been taken care of, never driven hard etc. He wants 14.5k for it as that is what he owes(they split up car was in his name)

Does the money sound about right? Im finding blue books but only for the GT premium and nothing for a roush package, out here he's about 300 under book if its based of the regular stangs. Also how do insurance see these things? Is there anyway for them to differenciate off the vin if its a roush car?

And last would anyone happen to have any connections for a roush supercharger :laugh:
Fell in love with this car and being i already have funds approved and ready to go just wanted to check with someone that knows fords

Thanks paul

roush2.jpg

roush.jpg

The roush packages are overpriced for what you get imho. Ask if the spark plugs have been changed yet. 2005 was the first year of the 3v motor and ford put a 2pc spark plug in them which are notorious for breaking off in the head when changing. And if you do get it, skip the roush blower and check out kenne bell.

I'll check in the morning on 05 values. Problem is that Roush is not a factory car. Kbb and black book will most likely only deal with things like the cobra or bullit and such. Roush is one of the most popular but not the only one. Steeda is another afm company that mods new mustangs. 14.5 for an 05 doesn't sound too far off though? Looks like he's asking $19k on windshield. Is it an auto or manual? Ins again usually only goes by factory models. I'm not sure if you'll get a company to insure you for anymore than just an 05 Mustang?

Thanks for the heads up. I'll go empty my fan mail box now. :laugh:

I'll check in the morning on 05 values. Problem is that Roush is not a factory car. Kbb and black book will most likely only deal with things like the cobra or bullit and such. Roush is one of the most popular but not the only one. Steeda is another afm company that mods new mustangs. 14.5 for an 05 doesn't sound too far off though? Looks like he's asking $19k on windshield. Is it an auto or manual? Ins again usually only goes by factory models. I'm not sure if you'll get a company to insure you for anymore than just an 05 Mustang?

Thanks for the heads up. I'll go empty my fan mail box now. :laugh:

Yea he was at 19k, but is coming close to moving and needs to get rid of the payment and car. It is a 5spd, and thats about what i was figuring on insurance, guess that end i will find out tomorrow.
Thanks blanca!

14.5 is fair money and your not hurting yourself if you pay that.
That comes from a couple reputable wholesalers here.

Good luck

insurance sees it as a premium performance edition and you have to carry an additional waiver on it, one of my buddies had a saleen and thats how they saw it and my old boss had a top notch roush but he didnt care it was with his lambos and ferraris lol.. god i envied that mans car collection

LOVE the appearance package, but HATE the wheels. They look like 12" rims. :banghead:

Also, I've never heard of the spark plug issues in the 4.6L I thought it was only a 5.4L problem :dunno:

insurance sees it as a premium performance edition and you have to carry an additional waiver on it, one of my buddies had a saleen and thats how they saw it and my old boss had a top notch roush but he didnt care it was with his lambos and ferraris lol.. god i envied that mans car collection
Actually allstate see's it as a mustang GT premium, even told me roush or not doesnt make a difference, full coverage with 100 dollar deductibles on comprehensive = $87 a month:bowdown::bowdown:

LOVE the appearance package, but HATE the wheels. They look like 12" rims. :banghead:

Also, I've never heard of the spark plug issues in the 4.6L I thought it was only a 5.4L problem :dunno:

Agree 100% on the wheels!!!! Thinking more of a black saleen style wheel, maybe black with polished lip, 20/18 combo maybe, he has documentation that plugs have been changed twice, literally has every receipt for everytime the oil was changed!

Ended up at a different credit union this afternoon, as it turns out some of my numbers income wise had been calculated wrong, and by a pretty good amount!!!! I could have closed on the loan today but we are going to re-run the app on thursday with "the right numbers" to see how much it will drop the interest. :thumbsup:

if your going to put some wheels on it look up true forged wheels. i dont know how you like the roush quarter window louvers but id ditch them for some silver horse racing flush mounts.

personally i wouldnt go down the 3v road but they can be made to run hard and being a modular they love boost. personally id look into a centrifugal like a procharger/vortech/paxton, or if looking for a pd blower i would run a whipple over a kenne bell all day. if your gonna run the car hard look into what needs to be done with the suspension. ive never had a s197 car but with the old fox platform welding the torque boxes is a must do, i dont think they have that issue but it seems like people were lowering the lower control arms. that car should have a 2 piece driveshaft, id ditch it asap as well.

Actually allstate see's it as a mustang GT premium, even told me roush or not doesnt make a difference, full coverage with 100 dollar deductibles on comprehensive = $87 a month:bowdown::bowdown:

Agree 100% on the wheels!!!! Thinking more of a black saleen style wheel, maybe black with polished lip, 20/18 combo maybe, he has documentation that plugs have been changed twice, literally has every receipt for everytime the oil was changed!

Ended up at a different credit union this afternoon, as it turns out some of my numbers income wise had been calculated wrong, and by a pretty good amount!!!! I could have closed on the loan today but we are going to re-run the app on thursday with "the right numbers" to see how much it will drop the interest. :thumbsup:

wow what a shocker 7 years makes lol

if your going to put some wheels on it look up true forged wheels. i dont know how you like the roush quarter window louvers but id ditch them for some silver horse racing flush mounts.

personally i wouldnt go down the 3v road but they can be made to run hard and being a modular they love boost. personally id look into a centrifugal like a procharger/vortech/paxton, or if looking for a pd blower i would run a whipple over a kenne bell all day. if your gonna run the car hard look into what needs to be done with the suspension. ive never had a s197 car but with the old fox platform welding the torque boxes is a must do, i dont think they have that issue but it seems like people were lowering the lower control arms. that car should have a 2 piece driveshaft, id ditch it asap as well.

I dont mind the louvers but those silver horse ones do look good!!! This is gonna go real ugly on me, so much cool stuff for em :whistle:

The 4.6/5.4 are basically the same engine(as long as they are the same gen).
The previous design had more plug issues than the 3v.
The trucks/expidition tended to have more plug issues also.
The rear plugs were under the windsheild cowling and over time tended to accumulate more moisture.
More of the trucks also blew those rear plugs and threads out while running too.

Well thanks to blanca and everyone here for the info, went and picked up the stang yesterday morning!!!:thumbsup:

Absolutely in love with this car!! The K+N was in bad shape, cleaned it the best i could and removed the silencer in the intake tube, runs like a champ now.

Have a Intake and SCT tuner on the way :whistle:
Along with a few odds and ends, New roush windshield banner (mines in rough shape), New rear window decal(mines mia) and a emblem for the trunk that replaces the ford GT one with the roush goods.

roush7.jpg

roush3.jpg

roush4.jpg

roush5.jpg

roush8.jpg

roush6.jpg

Would love to stay and chat but yesterday was spit shine interior after work, washed it real good this morning and now time to go do some polishing and wax!

Back