Hello from UK

Stretch

Registered
HI Everyone,
Just introducing myself and I do have a quick question !
I'm Mike from Lincolnshire, UK and have just bought my 3rd Busa. Was a close call between this and a ZZR1400 but the Busa won.! Comes with a decat Brock's exhaust system.

My question is, the one I have bought is a 2003 model with 15,000 miles on the clock. I'm a bit worried at this age I may have some issues with reliability etc. Anything I need to check or any known issue with a Busa at this age..? Bike looks immaculate, starts first time and sounds sooo sweet.!
Oh, second question if I can...is the decal exhaust actually legal in the UK and Europe..?

Thanks all and looking forward to hearing from anyone else in Lincs. that's up for a ride sometime..!

Best
Mike

Welcome, great looking ride you have there...

As for any known issues, I know there have been discussions pointing out what to look for but I can't recall what they were. Someone will chime in or there is the search feature (I use it all the time). Not sure about the exhaust as your regulations are much different than ours.

I have a 2nd Gen so most of the bugs were worked out on this one.

nice looking ride If you have to pass a sniff test I would imagine it is against some rule or another. But. do not know. There must be a local group out your way. Try to find one and ask them
Clean looking bike though How loud is the BrockK

Welcome to the .org! Some have reported problems with the external fuel pumps on the 99-01 models, but nothing on the 03 - I have the same bike. Get past any inspections and go out and enjoy it!

Nothing known on them. I would change all the fluids including clutch and brake fluid. Easy and cheap and worth knowing that it is fresh. Bike looks great. Get out and enjoy it.

No worries on the year or miles. Great looking bike, the exhaust may give you problems with the law, contact Brock's to see if it's compliant with UK regs. I'm sure they'll be willing to tell you.

Nice looking Busa....Hope you have a lot of fun with it. I have the same exhaust, nice and loud so people know your around.

Back