Hello from Houston

SSGT_B

Registered
Back on 2 wheels after a 5 year hiatus. Pick up an 06 Busa to play with. Last bike was an 04 1000RR that I did track days on. This is a whole other animal for certain. If anyone rides out here anymore let me know where. Im too old for the youngster scene , (been there done that), now just want to ride and raise my kids.

Cheers

Welcome to the oRg, you will fit right in with this group. I bet there are many riders above your age. :welcome:

:welcome:

There's a lot of members in TX, just that state is so damn big they might be hours from you!! :laugh:

Thanks for the welcome's. Been cleaning a lot since i have no plate yet. still need to put new brake pads on and get a plate light.

Here's how it sits after a lot of polishing with the buffer

Looks pretty good from here.

You have no snow so put the title or receipt in you jacket and go ride it.
In the unlikely event you get stopped you could say your going to get plates.
You shouldn't need a light for the plate during the daytime, right?

Count your blessings - I have almost a foot and a half of snow (more on the way) and the windchill is in single digits.
And it's not Thanksgiving yet. :banghead:

You didn't say how many miles are on the bike.
Are the tires original? 8 year old tires?

Have fun and be safe. :thumbsup:

THanks. Going in the morning to title it and get the plate. Have to have a plate light for the state inspection so Ill get those tomorrow as well. Tires will be soon. The date code makes them 2 years old. Bike has 46k on it. I will need to get the susp setup for my weight as well here soon.

I miss the days of snow. We are looking to move up north which will kill my riding time, but will not be 100+ deg during half the year.

Yup pros and cons to most things.

We don't have any state inspections on vehicles. Can just go in with the paper work and walk out with plates.
We never hit 90° here this summer - not once. So it was a pretty good summer - never turned on any AC in the house.
So global warming is a bust.

But snow came early this year and my bikes are put away till Late March or later. This year it was May.
So with the early snow this was one of the shortest seasons I ever remember for riding. Hope it was a fluke.

If the date code is only 2 years old you should be be OK for awhile as that is a manufacture date and not an installed date.
Of course it depends more on tread depth and overall condition more then the date.

Well I'll bet it's not 100° there now so it should be pretty good riding weather for you.

Ride safe.

Back