Hello from Cyprus says Adam the world traveller

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Well after 22hrs straight travel ,4hrs checking in and waiting, 10 hr flight from Mia to Frankfurt, 3.5hr layover in Germany and then another 5 hour flight to Larnaca Cyprus we made it ! Adam was perfect lil gent and only made everyone crazy once because he wanted togo home and go to sleep I didnt really sleep but kinda dozed off a bit but was awoken by an angry Lufthansa stewardess cuz Adam discovered the call button and kept pushing it . Since I dont speak german I just looked at her and said "un huh" .
7hrs ahead of eastern time now so my clock is all messed up. Adam is fine.

So heres some pics of our trip over..

Heres the happy couple full of energy after just getting dropped off at Mia airport
CIMG2902.jpg

Adam says c'mon this plane is taking forever to get here..
CIMG2904.jpg

Dibbs on the window seat....
CIMG2907.jpg

Goodbye Florida
CIMG2923.jpg

Good morning Frankfurt..good afternoon...good night...what frickin time is it ? Just got off plane
CIMG2933.jpg

Mmmm..nothing like a 20 sumthin dollar breakfast at the McCafe in the airport...
CIMG2944.jpg

Waiting to catch a tram to the departure gate...
CIMG2936.jpg

Hours later its goodbye Germany...
CIMG2962.jpg

Some snow covered mtns in Turkey right before we got to Cyprus..
CIMG2970.jpg

We made it and we are pooped .......
CIMG2981.jpg

We got to Grandpas house and look who was there..Spiderman
CIMG2987.jpg

A pic is worth 10 million words and this made it all worth while..
CIMG2989.jpg

So now we are up and going to the beach to throw some rocks..
CIMG3001.jpg

Only a hop and skip over...
CIMG2997.jpg

This is how most of the beaches here are. Covered in stone washed pieces of marble, all diff colors.
Adam loves 'chuckin' rocks !
CIMG3003.jpg

I'm tired and hungry and we are gonna go EAT...
CIMG3009.jpg

Till next post...C'Ya.. :)

That's GREAT Saiid!...i'm happy for you and your son...looks like a wonderful trip he'll never forget. L8R, Bill. :cool:

Thanks for sharing.
Does it get sandy as you go out?
The rocks may be hard on the feet, but it makes for a easy clean up after the beach:thumbsup:

great pics Blanca :beerchug: i would love to go back to cyprus.spent 6 months there back in 91 with the UN.great peaple and a beautiful country:thumbsup:

Now comes the hard part...Afghanistan...good luck...

Keith there is a remote chance I may be able to get the signature in Qatar at another base , very remote. It has been on my mind constantly. I am almost to the point where I'm gonna let the attys handle it no matter how long it takes. I just don't want to go to afg.

Great pics Saiid! Thanks for sharing. Looks like Adam is holding up better than you. Good luck on the not going to Afg. thing. Be safe.

Thanks for posting up, Saiid! It looks like you guys are having a great time. :thumbsup:

:bowdown: very cool you get to share things like this. Adam has already traveled thousands of miles further then me! I am assuming your father is doing better as well, more great news :thumbsup:

Enjoy your travels and time with your son, be safe! :beerchug:

Food finally
Went over to one of my fav places for lunch and got some 'sammiches'
The best Chicken 'Doner' (what they call it here) you ever had and I got one Lamb to go which I am eating right now at 2:30 am here.
Ssssh dont tell my stomach its not dinner time..:laugh:
CIMG3020.jpg

Then it was Mickey D's for dinner at about 9pm cuz Adam had to have a Royal Deluxe. I promise I wasn't hungry...:laugh:
And yes thats 5.30 Euros for a meal which is about $8 bucks...Ouch.
Meals for 4 was almost $50 bucks with everything Adam wanted...I promise I wasn't hungry. Think I had one of everything ! :rofl:
Notice the 'Greek Chicken" on a pita and the 'Veggie Burger' ?
CIMG3032.jpg

CIMG3034.jpg

I shot a really nice video with my handicam of the whole place as well as the sights and sounds of the Beach Nightlife.
It was packed with well lemme just say if I see one more Drop dead gorgeous 6 ft tall greek girl I am gonna have to fly the wife in cuz I am starting to miss her real bad..:laugh:
Loading it on Youtube now as well as a couple GoPro videos.
I will post them as soon as they are finished.

Mnnnn.....
Meat on a spit.......
:beerchug:

My fav!!!

Looks like yer having fun.

cheers
ken

Back