Hello fellow newbie on a Busa from New York

Thanks everyone, I’m actually in Hyde Park NY. And speaking of oem fairings I called my local Suzuki dealer surprisingly they said Suzuki can get me painted fairings from Suzuki about 1500 for set. Expensive compared to repainting the cheap Chinese plastics but nothing like the quality of a good oem set. Good info on the ecu swap much appreciated! Btw anyone have issues of loading up on fuel for split second when getting back on throttle in medium rpm range? Around 5k-8k rpms downshifting and engine braking if I slightly open the throttle to start acceleration it throws some decent flames. Thinking it maybe tps issue adding to much fuel under very light throttle? I can post pic of the flames everyone I ride with goes on about how crazy it is but kinda weird never had a bike do that. Maybe I’m just not used to the Busa and it’s madness yet :laugh:
Also everyone likes pictures so take plenty (before/after) as you change things making the bike into your own vision. Once you get the Bird flying right the next point of interest may be the suspension since stock is lacking for us bigger guys no if & or buts.

Great info its very appreciated! I have had the fairings off and thankfully I have found no dents bulges or cracks/scratching on frame. Unfortionately it had to have been dropped or lowsided before probably at low speeds due to exposed engine covers and plastics being somewhat scratched up. Everything else is ok from cosmetic point just some cracks in cheap plastics. That maintaince info is a great read! I’m definitely gonna start going over because I see by the condition of the air filter plugs and oil when I bought it basic maintaince was done. But I dont think it got a lot of full routine important stuff like fluid flushes and suspension and all. At least compression test was good at around 185psi across the board. Hears a tip, I see some people testing low compression with Busa hold open those throttle plates! I went from 130psi to 185psi holding opening the throttle. I just checked to see what it would read other day while changing spark plugs. But I really appreciate the feedback and info! It’s got me motivated to get some threads going as I slowly go through her and get her right, thank again guys!

Great info its very appreciated! I have had the fairings off and thankfully I have found no dents bulges or cracks/scratching on frame. Unfortionately it had to have been dropped or lowsided before probably at low speeds due to exposed engine covers and plastics being somewhat scratched up. Everything else is ok from cosmetic point just some cracks in cheap plastics. That maintaince info is a great read! I’m definitely gonna start going over because I see by the condition of the air filter plugs and oil when I bought it basic maintaince was done. But I dont think it got a lot of full routine important stuff like fluid flushes and suspension and all. At least compression test was good at around 185psi across the board. Hears a tip, I see some people testing low compression with Busa hold open those throttle plates! I went from 130psi to 185psi holding opening the throttle. I just checked to see what it would read other day while changing spark plugs. But I really appreciate the feedback and info! It’s got me motivated to get some threads going as I slowly go through her and get her right, thank again guys!
Think you got a deal at 2,500.

20190324_170757.jpg

20190206_165359.jpg

20190206_165413.jpg

Awesome! Thanks for the welcome, I’ll, definitely be scrounging the forums a lot. Looking at some minor upgrades like exhuast intake. I know having straight pipes off the stock header isn’t doing nothing but blowing my ears out lol it’s a very comfortable ride for how much power it has. Never felt that kind of acceleration in my life before so stock still more than enough ......for now lmao
Looks like you may have shorty GP exhaust by Radiant Cycles they cost about $109.

Yeah just checked them out in some pictures looks exactly like that in chrome. Lol really loud but not doing anything for performance the most restriction being the header from what I been told . But that’s an expensive upgrade, like they say got to pay big to play big lol

yes, cutting away one connection makes sense if you want to save weight at the lowest cost.

but the way your exhaust looks, it shouldn't allow you some performance at higher speeds/rpm, because then the engine can hardly give off the total exhaust volume.

as can be seen in the picture, you have a significant constriction in the exhaust system.

in my opinion the diameter of the remaining pipe to the muffler is much too thin.

in my opinion, this diameter should be at least as large as the slip-on connection of the remaining muffler from the combination of 1/2 and 3/4.
compare pictures e.g. an akrapovic 4-1 with yours - then it should become obvious what I suspect / guess.

the old man from across the pond
zeigefinger.gif

lmao

Yeah exhaust is definitely first in line for a proper performance upgrade but maintenance first. Also Thank you very much for the link to the manuals. I’m checking over those some now but right this minute I just had a huge setback. might Have just lost my only key to her.:banghead: Very upset was just about to prime her new fuel lines. I’m gonna post in the appropriate forum to see if anyone knows where the number code is on ignition cylinder to get few new keys cut. Local dealer said they can do it if I can get the code

Back