Hello All!

Cblast

I want mine to say Pauly Walnuts!
Donating Member
Registered
Been a busy holidays around our house! I have not been around much but now we are all back home from visiting relatives and trips to Alaska and lots of fun stuff! I did get a beautiful set of Rizoma grips for Isabella and a Vortex rear stand as well! The wife and kids are great. I finally got the pipe all done and properly tuned and I also opened up that dry clutch cover so I could enjoy the rattle a little more. Check it out. :beerchug:

DSC01118.jpg

DSC01117.jpg

DSC01120.jpg

DSC01130.jpg

Hey C! Been wondering where you were off too! Is the wife in port?

She is here until next week and than she is off to sea again for at least six more months. The good news is this is certainly the last deployment that she will have to make for the next couple of years and possibly the last for the rest of her career! Yay! :cheerleader:

cblast good to see you over here... how do you like the akra exhaust? Was it a freakin nightmare to instal or pretty straight forward?

I guess you wont be moving up to the 1198.

Well back Crustacean!! We've missed you... you need to check out Chat.. that is where all the cool kids hang out :cheerleader:

C, that is one sexy bike. If'n I ever get around to getting another bike I am leaning towards a Duc. And you have all but sold me on it :thumbsup: Maybe I will get you half the commision:laugh:

cblast good to see you over here... how do you like the akra exhaust? Was it a freakin nightmare to instal or pretty straight forward?

I guess you wont be moving up to the 1198.

I talked about this a little before. Everyone does the Termignioni exhaust on the ducs but I wanted something different. I installed the full Akra system and dyno tuned it but it had huge mid pipes and sacrificed a ton of low and midrange grunt for more on top. In fact it made it not a lot of fun for me to ride. So much so that we took the stock headers and mids and cut out the exhaust valve that is in there to help with noise and cut the termi attachment point so that it would all bolt back up. This gave me back all of my midrange and low end (which is what a twin is all about), and only sacrificed about 2-3 hp on top. I gained back well over stock numbers throughout the rev range too. In the neighborhood of 6-8 hp almost all across the board. I love the way it feels, revs, sounds, etc., now. I am gonna get it black ceramic coated, just waiting on the funds. I am also gonna do a speedymoto clutch cover and pressure plate but I have to let my wife get over what we spent over the holidays first.:whistle::laugh: That Akra full system would be great for the track, but I feel it gives up too much on the street. I was ablt to get credit back for the mids and headers so I am overall pleased. I cant wait to get the coating done and clean up some of the welds though.

C, that is one sexy bike. If'n I ever get around to getting another bike I am leaning towards a Duc. And you have all but sold me on it :thumbsup: Maybe I will get you half the commision:laugh:

Yeah, I could eat that up in mods right quick! I think you would love it if ya got one! It is such a totally different ownership experience than any other bike or brand than I have ever owned. It quickly becomes an obsession and a love affair like no other. At lest for me it has, I had wanted one my whole life and now sitting in the garage with her at night, smoking a cigar, drinking a little "shine", well, nothing beats that. :beerchug::thumbsup:

How are the grips? I am deciding if I want to go that route yet or not..

Yeah, I could eat that up in mods right quick! I think you would love it if ya got one! It is such a totally different ownership experience than any other bike or brand than I have ever owned. It quickly becomes an obsession and a love affair like no other. At lest for me it has, I had wanted one my whole life and now sitting in the garage with her at night, smoking a cigar, drinking a little "shine", well, nothing beats that. :beerchug::thumbsup:
:bowdown: Maybe someday I will perch one up in the garage. Until then I will just peek at all your pics and mods

How are the grips? I am deciding if I want to go that route yet or not..

Well, in the cold they FREEZE your hands. Lately I have just been wearing my winter gloves and it has been okay. (about 40 here lately) They feel great though. That finger groove feels terrific once ya get used to it. I like them a lot better than stock and they look nice too.

Back