Helli bar with pazzo lever issue!!!

busa clubslinger

Registered
Hey busa riders! I put a set of Pazzo levers and helli bars on my '08 and have come to realize that the levers will not rotate down quite as far as I'd like. Has anyone with a similar setup had this issue? If so, what did you do?

Thanks!:please::please::please:

Lots of people with the Gen2 reported the same problem with A/M levers, particularly Pazzos.

I am about to put on a set of Heli-bars and a .75" Genmar riser. What do you mean by they won't rotate down quite as far as you would like? It should be the same as rotating the stock ones down as the pivot point is the same right?

Sous, I believe he's referring to the complaint others have had, that the levers strike the fairing before full lock, but maybe not? ???

I use the heli bars and long blue Pazzos and have plenty of room maybe rotation could help . I hope you get it fixed probably something simple allways is. Good Luck brother,Jerry 2

I have the heli bars on mine also and 06busa and I were riding and he noticed the position of lever . The master & Clutch cylinder will hit and not go into the lock position if you put the levers to far down. Hope this helps

no jdsbusa, it has noting to so with the levers hitting the fairing. I have 2" of lever/fairing clearance at full lock. mr8ball is right, the heli bars raise the outer part of the bars only and so the master and clutch cylinder will hit the actual bar clamp if you rotate the levers down too far. And sous, the same thing will happen with the genmar riser/heli combo. Don't get me wrong, love the heli bars, way comfy, I just with I could rotate my levers down more. It creates a slightly uncomfortable angle for clutching under breaking when you're thrown forward.

OK, so after installing the Heli bars you were able to rotate the levers down a bit to get the clearance to full lock. Although, you are asking about lowering the levers even more which actually causes the levers or reservoirs to hit the bike.

Exactly same issue here....

Lived with it.

Just back from 1200 mile tour - no problems with wrists so id say its not perfect but as good as it gets

Jza

So Jza, I was thinking of putting the genmar risers on it also to raise everything up a little more. Then, the levers not angling down as much may not be as big an issue because the entire set up will be higher. What do you think? :poke:

Back