Hellcat is gone! I have a new ride ;-)

ColdBusa

Take this Jerry, you silly little rodent
Donating Member
Registered
Yep,
The Hellcat Charger is now gone to a new owner. But I've replaced it! I went with an 05 Dodge Viper Mamba Edition convertible. #26/200. Best color for the Viper in my opinion. This is my third Viper and I'm so glad to be back in one. It was just luck that this deal came up last minute.

Now some of you may ask why, its slower, etc. Yes, yes it is. But the fact that there is no electronics to it, its manual, and it has an insane street presence with the obnoxious looks and styling drew me back to it. I was looking at other options, like an F430, but I think I made the right decision on this one!

IMG_4097.jpg

IMG_4085.jpg

IMG_4089.jpg

20190426_181455.jpg

20190426_124644.jpg

20190426_183950.jpg

You love it, and that's all that matters. I've never driven one so I can't comment on that, but I've always liked the looks. I prefer four doors, but I think they're a good looking car, and I'm sure they're not lacking in performance!

I always thought if they put that motor in their open hot rod looking thing they'd have sold every one they could make and then some. I like the Viper too. It's like I always say. I didn't buy what you bought because I like this one better.

Love Vipers but I can’t do convertibles..... To each his own long as you got the car you want that’s all that matters.

I was disappointed they don’t make a challenger in a manual. So I totally get why you would go back to a manual with the viper. Sometimes it ain’t all about HP and numbers.

I personally like all the current muscle cars, Challenger, Camaro, Mustang, they have all hit the nail on the head IMO.

The Viper has always been in a league all by it's self.

Just like the Busa, are there faster bikes out there, sure...do we care..?

I don't, it's the ride and feel I care about not the all out speed. If I was only concerned about speed, I would have sought out an H2 or something similar.

I think the Hellcat is simply a bad ass car but in no way would I push a Viper out of the garage for one.

Love Vipers but I can’t do convertibles..... To each his own long as you got the car you want that’s all that matters.

I was disappointed they don’t make a challenger in a manual. So I totally get why you would go back to a manual with the viper. Sometimes it ain’t all about HP and numbers.
Agreed looked at an RT & it had 245 rear tires without much room in wheel well. What were they thinking? That thing should be fitted with 295-315 wide tires stock; no wonder they just smoke the tires. Sedans mine included has 245 on the front. Love the engines but Dodge dropped the ball why not a moderate size tub? Also the rear should be able to take the HP & repeated abuse without grenading. I am not versed on the cats, demons particulars of whole line just what i read here & there. Open to correction if I am wrong. Oh yeah they wouldn't be able to sell the drag kit for it cha ching.

Congratulations to you!!!!!!

I have been trying to get into a Viper for many years and so far have never had a chance. Since the age of 7 when I first put my eyes on a Viper it has been my dream car. I was never a fan of Ferrari/Lamborghini etc but there is just something about a Viper. 3 Corvettes later I still have not owned one. I was very close to buying a 2005 Convertible just like this one in black but the car ended up overheating on my test drive.

I also had a chance to drive a hellcat and even though I loved it on paper I HATED driving it. It was big bulky and heavy and honestly felt like an SUV. Was it fast? Oh YES it was! But not for me. Give us an honest review of the viper after a few weeks. I'm 6'3 250lbs so I'm a little worried about fitting into one on a daily basis. I would love to daily drive a "race car" and not let it sit in the garage.

On that note, IT IS BEAUTIFUL!! Congrats!!!

Well, this is actually my 3rd Viper. I had an 04 convertible, then an 06 supercharged coup, and now this one. I think that may be review enough! Lol. I absolutely love them. I'm 5'9" and 190lbs, so I can fit in this nicely. I drive it every day I'm on days of (week at a time). Grocery stores, you name it, I'll take it here. Lol. I actually did a trip from my home town in Alberta, down to Montana, Utah, Nevada, then up the PCH and back to Alberta. So you can definitely tour in it. Have to use soft luggage and pack lighter though ;-) . Only tough thing is theres no cruise control, so my right shin was pretty tough after that trip. Lol

Back